Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED – For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Assistant Estimator is responsible for assisting Estimators/Project Managers with clerical tasks associated with new project development including; quantifying take-offs, calculating and compiling data for use in preparation of proposals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calculate various data quantity take-offs for data entry into computer estimating system.
- Identify qualified suppliers/subcontractors and solicit quotes.
- Participate in developing and organizing bid package estimate documents.
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures.
- Distribute bidding documents to sub-contractors and vendors at the direction of the Estimator
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years’ Postsecondary non-degree award in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, read and understand architectural construction documents
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.