Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED – For more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Superintendent is responsible for a specific area of directing, training and administrating the efforts for all Subcontractors. The Superintendent communicates on a regular basis with the Project Manager and Subcontractor Divisions regarding projects, project timelines, and project startups and staffing required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets on a regular basis with the Project Manager and subcontractors to co-ordinate the standardization of processes and resolution of mutual concerns.
- Works with the Project Manager in the establishment of new hiring processes and procedures for field personnel.
- Scheduling and coordination of material to ship to job site.
- Oversee and ensure that all projects in specific area are completed to forecast
- Oversees the Safety Program and assures that all Safety Standards are being met and maintained.
- Ensure that the Field Staff are in compliance to pertinent government regulations and contract documents.
- Assign field staffing that will meet or exceed the project timelines and budgets in conjunction with the Director of Production.
- Coordinate with the Tools/Equipment Manager regarding tools and inventory as required for projects.
- Manages the Production and Field Staffing Team for a specific area.Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the field staff.
- Assists in the interviewing, hiring and training of the Field Staff and the support staff.
- Assists in the development of training programs for Field Staffing that ensures our Company excellence.
- Conducts area Production and Field Staff meetings when required.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years’ supervisory experience in similar facility, construction technology, methods and equipment, tools and work procedures required
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong persuasive and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and meet customer’s needs, expectations and requirements
- Demonstrates expertise in commercial electrical field management, design and contracting
- Must be a self-starter and a problem solver
- Must be capable of managing multiple tasks under time constraints
- Must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of specific variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Familiarity with team-building techniques
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- Variable work environment; work is conducted both indoors and outdoors with varying environmental conditions
- Up to several hours per day may be spent operating a motor vehicle
- Office may have fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs.
- Exposure to the environments of customer facilities
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.