About Faith in Texas:
Faith in Texas is a growing nonpartisan, multi-racial, multi-faith grassroots movement of Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Unitarian, and believers in humanity, united in values working together for economic, racial, and social justice for all people. We envision a world in which equity in these three areas enables everyone to live in complete liberation to pursue their divine purpose and participate fully in the systems and processes that govern their lives.
Faith in Texas’ faith-rooted community organizing program currently mobilizes faith communities, directly impacted people, and Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) in the DFW metroplex through policy campaigns, integrated voter engagement, leadership development, faith formation, deep listening, research, and public action. We create pathways of opportunity for all Texans and affect change at the local and state levels by teaching, empowering, and mobilizing congregations and communities through civic engagement and community organizing. Faith in Texas has a diverse staff and a large base of congregations, clergy, faith leaders, and lay leaders across the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. We are purposefully building a multicultural, directly-impacted-led movement with faith and race at the center of our work. Faith in Texas is an affiliate of the Faith in Action network, the nation’s largest network developing civic leadership in low- and moderate-income communities.
Faith in Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our communities. We take pride in creating a welcoming workplace for veterans, women, people of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, formerly incarcerated people, people with disabilities, and people with parenting and caretaking responsibilities.
Faith in Texas seeks an experienced Digital Organizer with a passion for building powerful social movements through digital platforms and communication. This new position will be a key member of the Faith in Texas Organizing team and directly reports to the Lead Organizer. This role will collaborate closely with the Executive Director, Communication Specialists, and Director of Development to deliver the digital arm of communications, fundraising, and organizing for Faith in Texas. This position is a full-time exempt job, funded for a full calendar year, that is based in Dallas but may periodically work remotely during the pandemic. The salary range for this position offers $50K to $60K, offer will be based on relevant experience and education.
The Digital Organizer will be responsible for supporting the organizers and our base of faith/community leaders with various activities from our campaign(s). The ideal candidate will have knowledge of community organizing and strong technical skills who can utilize social media, texting, multimedia, website content, databases, spreadsheet, and related digital programs to bring in new supporters and lead people up a ladder of engagement. This position will thrive in a fast-paced campaign environment, keep multiple projects moving, and collaborate with partners both inside and outside the organization.
- Create, lead, and maintain the communications calendar through a digital ladder of engagement, supported by the Executive Director and staff, planning event promotion and campaign communication, and balancing the communication needs of multiple campaigns.
- Strategically build a base of supporters through the development and distribution of digital content promoting Faith in Texas organizing activities across multiple communication channels that include social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter), mobile messaging, website, and bulk / targeted email via our database.
- Work with our organizing team to help supporters share their stories and testimonials, through videos, images, writing, press interviews, storytelling trainings, etc.
- Craft engaging social media posts and explore how new social media platforms and features (FB messenger, Instagram, etc.) can be used for organizing efforts.
- Support the development of campaign strategies and projects from conception to implementation including digital actions, online presence, social outreach, videos, and marketing.
- Distribute campaign updates, writing, op-eds, event reflections, etc. across all communication channels as shared and generated by staff.
- Produce creative graphics, videos, and visuals for social media and digital organizing activities using Adobe Creative Suite or similar tools.
- Provide coaching and technical assistance to other organizers and community members, helping them use technology and online outreach to further organizing goals.
- Draft and develop targeted email or SMS template alerts, activist surveys, campaign toolkits, script templates, volunteer FAQ guides, training materials, and more.
- Track and manage analytics and metrics to measure the effectiveness of digital tools and strategies.
- Keeps abreast of the latest email, social media, SMS, and digital trends to inform program optimization and to aid internal knowledge sharing.
- Leverage digital technology to expand our reach, build support for our campaigns, and drive fundraising and offline engagement while enhancing the online community experience of our members and supporters.
- Build relationships and strengthen partnerships with ally organizations, affiliates, and community members to support organizing priorities.
- Update and manage Faith in Texas’ Customer Relationship Manager Systems (CRM)
- Identifies potential leaders in our target audience who Organizers can then connect with.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Organizer.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-4 years of digital campaigning experience in any field associated with social, racial, and economic justice.
- 2-5 years of experience maintaining member-based client relationship management tools such as the Voter Action Network, Every Action, or Salsa for example.
- 2-5 years of managing social media content that includes working with the following platforms (or comparable): Microsoft Office, Mac OS, Zoom, Google Suite, Dropbox, basic website editing, graphic design, basic linear video editing, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in grassroots community organizing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital Media, or Public Administration, Public Policy or Social Work (or related fields/studies).
- Fluency in written and conversational Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of the role of narrative and storytelling in organizing work, able to create a continuous story of member engagement within a campaign.
- Strategic and critical thinking, able to make the connections between the interconnected issues we work on and constituencies we represent.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write quality copy on deadline and adjust tone and style for different audiences.
- Experience managing integrations between digital and field organizing.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent time management, ability to advance more than one project at a time with varying degrees of urgency and long-term importance. Ability to identify the short-term steps that advance long-term goals.
- Direct and collaboration-oriented communicator, able to manage group dynamics to move discussions toward decisions and action.
- Comfort in collaboration, able to hold self and others accountable to timelines, values, and relationships.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to social justice and enthusiasm for the long-term movement to build collective power.
- Multicultural competence and demonstrated ability to relate, establish and cultivate respectful relationships with internal staff and external partners /collaborating organizations; including the ability to tailor messages and engage different audiences.
- Proven ability to work effectively with people from diverse racial, cultural, religious, and socioeconomic backgrounds., including organizing experience and leadership development among those in BIPOC communities.
- Powerful vision and understanding of the role of faith communities in liberative movements.
- Knowledge of trends of digital organizing and of best practices for communicating via email and social media.
- Growth mindset with a desire to sharpen skills and analysis, receive feedback, and contribute to organizational success.
Compensation and Benefits:
Faith in Texas has a strong learning culture that includes regular paid staff development sessions as well as state and national training. We place a high priority on personal and professional leadership development, relationship building, and creating a respectful and supportive multiracial, multifaith, and multilingual organization. In addition to these invaluable benefits, Faith in Texas offers the following:
- A competitive salary commensurate with past experience.
- A full package of health insurance, retirement benefits after six months, generous paid time off, and reimbursement for work-related mileage and cell phone use.
- Exempt salary position, 40 plus hours per week (may include some evening work and weekend work).
All applicants must apply for this position online via organizingcareers.org. Please have the following documents ready to upload to your online application:
- An electronic file of your updated resume (preferably in PDF format) ready to be uploaded with your online application.
- A cover letter that highlights your relevant experience.
- Applications close: Tuesday, September 7, 2021
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If you need assistance or experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please contact email@example.com. Resumes will not be accepted via this email address.
FAITH IN ACTION provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FAITH IN ACTION complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.