LA Voice believes all people have power and a voice. Every day we amplify that power by uniting diverse faith voices and equipping grassroots leaders to organize for what their communities need, winning systemic changes that improve the lives of all county residents. We are an interfaith, multi-racial, multi-cultural organization of 70 faith and spiritual communities that represent more than 50,000 families in Los Angeles County. (See our Facebook page L.A. Voice or website www.lavoice.org). Our core strategic values are: exponential growth of grassroots leadership; bridging to belong across differences; and confrontation with power for social transformation leading to racial equity and inclusion.
Our diverse and experienced team works with communities across the county to create a Los Angeles with racial equity and abundant life for all.
LA Voice is a member of Faith in Action (formerly PICO National Network), the largest grassroots spiritual and congregational organizing network in the U.S. and a member of PICO California, an effective, highly respected grassroots organization playing a significant role to turn the tide toward inclusion and equity and create a true state of belonging.
LA Voice is seeking a full-time Operations Assistant to support the Operations department. The Operations Assistant will report to the Operations Manager, and will be responsible for providing administrative support that encompasses office management, event logistics, human resources, financial management and more. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, administrative experience, basic accounting experience, and general knowledge of computer technology. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to become skilled at nonprofit management with a growing organization impacting positive, systemic change in Los Angeles.
Essential Functions (to Include, but not limited to):
- Provide general administrative office support; order and purchase supplies, pick up and deliver materials and supplies, coordinate staff and leader travel arrangements.
- Office operations: maintain the office filing system, and establish highly effective administrative systems.
- Support LA Voice program staff with meeting preparation, scheduling, and documentation.
- Provide administrative and tech support for phone bank and canvass teams
- Coordinate logistics for meetings, actions and events, including booking rooms, catering and preparation of materials and equipment.
- Accounting/finance: process office related invoices and expense payments, and assist with donation databases.
- Human Resources: assist with processing new hires.
- Track record of providing successful administrative support
- Very high attention to detail. Ability to produce high-quality, accurate work in all facets of position
- High school diploma or GED, and a minimum of 1 year paid professional experience, preferably in a foundation/nonprofit setting
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in writing and in person
- Efficient and capable of effectively prioritizing, multi-tasking, and managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Ability to interact collaboratively and clearly with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes to improve efficiency
- A positive, proactive attitude with a high level of flexibility. Ability to be self-reflective and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
- Cultural competence to support and promote a multi-racial, interfaith environment and a culture of learning
- Experience with MS Office Suite and/or Google G-Suite
- Driver’s license required; access to vehicle preferred
Other Possible Qualifications:
- English fluency required, second language a plus, including but not limited to Spanish, Tagalog, Mandarin, or Vietnamese
- Experience working with community organizing and/or social justice organizations
- Previous event planning experience
- Basic IT troubleshooting skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- A full-time, exempt position that reports to the Operations Manager
- Occasional evening or weekend hours required
- Salary is competitive for the region and based on experience, in a range from $40,000 to $55,000
- Benefits include a comprehensive health plan and retirement account
- This position will require frequent travel throughout the County of Los Angeles.
LA Voice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
All applicants must apply for this position online via organizingcareers.org. Please have the following documents ready to upload to your online application:
- An electronic file of your resume (preferably in PDF format)
- A cover letter stating why this is a fit for you and for LA Voice
If you need assistance or experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will not be accepted via this email address. You may encounter difficulties if using Google Chrome as your browser. If so, please try another browser.
FAITH IN ACTION provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FAITH IN ACTION complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.