FTS International, LLC (FTS) is committed to providing the Federal Government with quality consultants and support. To ensure mission success we focus on putting our customers first while minimizing corporate bureaucracy on our staff. We provide Subject Matter Experts (SME) free of Organizational Conflicts of Interest (OCI) focused on independent analysis and mission support services within the disciplines of Engineering, Counter Terrorism Operations, Management, Information Technology, Signals Analysis, Administration, Cyber Security and Linguistics.
FTS has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Engineer - Power Converter Engineer in Northern Virginia.
- Act as an integral participant in power converter architecture, requirements development and verification for many spacecraft payload units spanning different orbital regimes
- Support the development and integration of power converter hardware
- Support the review of contractor designs and evaluation of operating modes
- Support verification and validation activities
- Top Secret/SCI with polygraph
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of five (5+) years of relevant experience; a MS degree and three plus (3+) years of experience; or a PhD and one plus (1+) years of experience
- Technical expertise in spacecraft power converter requirements, design and test
- In depth knowledge of power converter design including flyback converters and buck-boost converters as well as filtering and fault protection methods
- Understanding of spacecraft electrical power distribution systems
- Knowledge of space vehicle power systems
- Willingness to travel 6 to 10 weeks a year
FTS International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.