Job Title: Senior Software Developer/Data Scientist
Location: Ft. Meade, Maryland
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly
FEDDATA is looking for a talented Senior Software Developer/Data Scientist that currently possesses a TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance with experience using Big Data Platform (BDP) that will join a multi-disciplinary team of subject matter experts supporting the U.S. Air Force Cyber Capabilities Support Office and U.S. Cyber Command Cyber Mission Forces.
The Senior Software Developer/Data Scientist will develop machine learning, data mining, statistical and graph-based algorithms to analyze and make sense of datasets; prototype or consider several algorithms and decide upon final model based on suitable performance metrics; build models or develop experiments to generate data when training or example datasets are unavailable; generate reports and visualizations that summarize datasets and provide data-driven insights to customers; partner with subject matter experts to translate manual data analysis into automated analytics; implement prototype algorithms within production frameworks for integration into analyst workflows as well as take the lead in projects related to software development, taking charge of determining the needs of the organization, checking whether there are feasible solutions to challenges, and creating plans for the development of a software solution.
Essential Job Functions:
- Produce data visualizations that provide insight into dataset structure and meaning.
- Work with subject matters experts (SMEs) to identify important information in raw data and develop scripts that extract this information from a variety of data formats (e.g., SQL tables, structured metadata, network logs).
- Incorporate SME input into feature vectors suitable for analytic development and testing.
- Translate customer qualitative analysis process and goals into quantitative formulations that are coded into software prototypes.
- Develop and implement statistical, machine learning, and heuristic techniques to create descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
- Develop statistical tests to make data-driven recommendations and decisions.
- Develop experiments to collect data or models to simulate data when required data are unavailable.
- Develop feature vectors for input into machine learning algorithms.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Due to the nature of this position and the information that employees will be required to access, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Threee to Five (3-5) years of relevant experience in the data scientist field writing resuable code, and building resilent data pipelines in cloud environments.
- An associate's OR bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, or related field.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance is required.
- Direct experience on the BDP is required.
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: C, C++, Java,
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.