Job Title: Agile Security Architect/ISSO
Location: Linthicum, Maryland
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly
FEDDATA is looking for a talented Security Architect/ISSO that currently possesses a TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance that will join a multi-disciplinary team of subject matter experts supporting the U.S. Air Force Cyber Capabilities Support Office and U.S. Cyber Command Cyber Mission Forces.
A security architect is the individual who is responsible for maintaining the security of a company's computer system. They must think like a hacker would, because they must anticipate all of the moves and tactics that hackers will use to try and gain unauthorized access to the computer system.
A Security Architect is responsible for designing, building, testing and implementing security systems within an organization’s IT network. A Security Architect is expected to have a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems and authentication protocols, as well as best practice security products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review current system security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements.
- Conduct regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of network security.
- Develop project timelines for ongoing system upgrades.
- Ensure all personnel have access to the IT system limited by need and role.
- Establish disaster recovery procedures and conducting breach of security drills.
- Promptly responding to all security incidents and providing thorough post-event analyses.
- Cultivate a culture of security awareness, and arrange continuing education of personnel to ensure security policies are adhered to at all times.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Due to the nature of this position and the information that employees will be required to access, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Five to Ten (5-10) years of experience in information security and IT risk management.
- An associate's OR bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, or related field.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance is required.
- Review current security policies and propose new security policies.
- Assess/analyze improvements to security support systems.
- Risk assessment associated with change management.
- Develop supporting documentation and apply standards, directives, guidance, policies, and security control to classified computing environments in support of Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503.
- Utilizing one or more Risk Management Framework implementation methods to include but not limited to; JSIG, CNSSI 1253, NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-171, DoDM-5220-22 (NISPOM).
- Ability to obtain and maintain customer system accreditations through the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Assist in preparation and review documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports (RAR), Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM), and other Assessment & Authorization (A&A) artifacts.
- Advanced IT security certifications is a plus.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.