Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Location: Ft. Meade, Maryland
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly
FEDDATA is looking for a talented Senior Software Developer that currently possess a TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance and can hit the ground running as a key member of our Development Team. The Senior Software Developer will join a multi-disciplinary team of subject matter experts supporting the U.S. Air Force Cyber Capabilities Support Office and U.S. Cyber Command Cyber Mission Forces.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, versatile team player with the ability to think critically, conduct research and creatively solve problems. The candidate should be organized and demonstrate a curiosity for learning and continually stretching boundaries with innovative software design. The ideal candidate should also enjoy working as part of a close-knit team and willing to lend development best practices towards enhancing our conventions and workflows. Most importantly, the ideal candidate must be able to contribute, expand their talents, as well as learn and innovate with us. The Developer will serv as the Scrum Master for this project.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build intelligent, intuitive Applications that integrate with the Core product and many third-party products.
- Work in a fun, collaborative environment solving complex problems to produce innovative solutions with our team.
- Actively contribute and guide our Application portfolio.
- Initiates action for evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Coordinate’s system installation and monitors equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Implements recommendations for improving documentation and development process standards.
- Selects the prototype development process in coordination with customer and system engineering.
- Recommends new technologies and research processes for complex software development projects.
- Ensures quality control of all developed and modified prototype software.
- Delegates programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitors their performance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Due to the nature of this position and the information that employees will be required to access, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Eight (8+) years of experience in application software development.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance is required.
- Certified as Scrum Master, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in Python development.
- 5+ years of experience with C/C++, Java, or Golang.
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux systems.
- 1+ years of experience working with Docker containers.
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs.
- Extensive experience building, testing, debugging software development projects.
- Experience working with a team using a centralized version control system such as Git.
- Experience creating and working with automated building and testing systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience creating and working with RPMs.
- Ability to review designs/wireframes and create user stories.
- Master's degree in Computer Science (or a related discipline) is a plus.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.