Job Title: System Administrator/Tester
Location: Linthicum, Maryland (Ft. Meade area)
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly
FEDDATA is looking for a talented Systems Administrator that currently possesses a TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance that will join a multi-disciplinary team of subject matter experts supporting the U.S. Air Force Cyber Capabilities Support Office and U.S. Cyber Command Cyber Mission Forces.
Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks. Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues. Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure.
Shall install hardware and software, conduct system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and resolve software and security related problems. Shall perform system backups and recovery; maintain user accounts, data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity; conduct training, maintain documentation; and provide front-line customer support for IT related problems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead helpdesk support efforts, making sure all applications and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Maintain network and system security.
- Maintain the integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, and intranet systems.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Due to the nature of this position and the information that employees will be required to access, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Three - Five (3-5) years of database, network administration, or system administration experience.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Must have TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance.
- Linux experience is required.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert. knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Ability to do software testing.
- Security + certification preferred
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.