Job Title: Test Engineer
Location: Linthicum, Maryland
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly
FEDDATA is looking for a talented Test Engineer that currently possesses a TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance that will join a multi-disciplinary team of subject matter experts supporting the U.S. Air Force Cyber Capabilities Support Office and U.S. Cyber Command Cyber Mission Forces.
Perform software testing at all levels, from module or unit testing, through all levels of software integration testing. Interface with the software development group throughout the software development process. Support the software configuration management process and understand all software components and their interface requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recommend testing methodologies to be used for specific systems, prepare test plans documenting the intended test methodology, and prepare test procedures and test cases based on specific requirements.
- Conduct various system tests (i.e. integration, systems, regression) with supervision, document and present test results, perform system validation and verification, and work with users and developers through all phases of system lifecycle clarify requirements and ensure testability.
- Responsible for creating estimates for resource needs for testing tasks, for input into project budget and schedules; lead, task, and mentor teams; and ensures that all testing efforts are conducted in accordance with best industry practices.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Due to the nature of this position and the information that employees will be required to access, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- At least two (2) years direct experience with an intelligence community or signals intelligence activity.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Must have TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance.
- Experience developing and enhancing test plans and procedures that define test strategies and coverage.
- Experience in documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting, and audits.
- Experience testing systems from existing system and functional specifications.
- Experience developing test cases and plans from requirements documentation.
- Experience in analyzing test data set and determine expected outcome from the tests.
- Experience writing test scripts and automated test platform (i.e Jenkins).
- Experience utilizing CM tools.
- Leadership experience interfacing with the software development.
- Experience with XML, JSON, BASH scripting, RPM packaging, Java, database interface and/or LINUX and Windows system programming.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.