Job Title: Cloud Administrator
Location: 2711 Technology Drive Annapolis Junction ,MD
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI with FSP
Required Certifications: Must be DoD 8579 Level II Compliant (MS Azure/AWS cert along with Security+CE)
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, or work experience
Required Experience: Minimum 3 years experience of with MS Azure, AWS Services or Google Cloud
Position Summary: FedData is looking for seasoned Cloud Administrator to join our team in support of our Fort Meade customer. Be an integral part of driving our customer’s cloud implementation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supporting and troubleshoot web applications. This includes deployment of web service applications using Azure and utilizing application and server logs to identify and resolve issues
- Upgrading and maintain operating systems and application software on Microsoft Windows (2016, 2019) platforms
- Daily monitoring of the network, servers, cloud and applications to ensure full availability and optimum performance. Utilize software tools and logs to monitor network, connectivity, applications and system health
- Tracking and managing system certificates/security requirements, privileged accounts, database passwords, and federated access across active directories as well as documented system artifacts required for security certification
- Creating and updating documentation, including standard operating procedures, administrative instructions, After Action Reports for system outages, task status updates, and customer reports
- Identify and troubleshoot Azure server and SQL database related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resources
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Due to the nature of this position and the information that employees will be required to access, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
- DoD 8570 Level II Compliant
- 3years of experience in Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google cloud
- Experience with building Azure infrastructures
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Perl, and Python)
- Experience with SysOPs/DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD
- Evaluating and automating the scaling and capacity requirements within Azure environment
- Ability to perform cloud performance analysis and optimize distributed cloud systems
- Certification(s) related to the cloud environment preferred, such as MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or CCNA Cloud
- Strong knowledge of Backup, Restore, Recovery and high availability strategies for Microsoft Azure environments.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.