Job Title: Director of Operational Program Finance
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: N/A
Establishes an environment of sound program financial control including revenue recognition, owner of all EAC’s, forecasting and budgeting, pricing, time and labor reporting, unbilled revenue/costs, and invoicing/billing in accordance with the Company’s accounting policies and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). Collaborates with program managers and operations leadership and contributes financial expertise to business decisions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for all program accounting, control, pricing, forecasting, financial reporting and invoicing. Responsible for direct cost accounting, accounting for fixed price contracts and revenue recognition in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policy. Ensures proper and timely labor reporting and review.
- Provides financial expertise in support of operational business decisions, including pricing, utilization, and other KPI’s identified. Advises operations management on profitability management and financial control matters.
- Promotes compliance with company financial policies and FAR.
- Develops/implements organizational strategies which ensure technical competence in staff positions, promote cross-functional and cross-organizational communication and teamwork, and foster a culture of continuous process improvement and customer service.
- Reviews all significant financial transactions, for which operations are responsible, ensuring they are approved by appropriate levels of management and properly accounted for.
- Provides the process for and leads operating groups in the preparation of monthly forecasts and annual operating plans. Consolidates/prepares Company periodic forecasts and annual operating plans.
- Ensures information necessary for proper financial management of the business is provided to operating managers on a timely basis including actual results by program, business P&Ls and utilization reporting.
- Leads all operational efforts to implement/operate and enhance Financial Force PSA/Salesforce on a day to day basis.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Due to the nature of this position and the information that employees will be required to access, US Citizenship is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and a minimum of 8-10 years of directly related experience with federal contractor Companies is required.
- Strong communications skills required.
- A master’s degree in business administration, finance or accounting and public accounting experience and certification are preferred but not required.
- Reports to the CEO of FDS with dotted line to the FDS Controller.
- Primary financial business partner to operating group leadership/management.
- Interfaces on a continual basis with all levels of group and corporate personnel.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all include, not all inclusive - Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Tim-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.