Job Title: Senior Integration Technician
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI clearance
Required Experience: The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience
Position Summary: FEDDATA Technology Solutions is seeking a Senior Integration Technician in support of hardware integration, racking and stacking of equipment per customer’s requirements and
potentially installing equipment on site. This is a senior position working in the integration room and taking the lead on designing and documenting highly complex equipment rack layouts of equipment and
may require certain certifications. The Senior Integration Technician will also be teaching less experienced technicians.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work the FDTS integration manager and program manager(s) in the design, documentation, rack, stack assembly of equipment, testing and delivering the final product for shipping.
- Assist with installation and system check out by travelling to customer locations.
- Provide guidance to less experienced technicians performing rack and stack, assembly, cable layout and labeling, and system testing.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Due to the nature of this position and the information that employees will be required to access, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Associate degree from an accredited college/university.
- Must have at least 5+ years of System Integration experience.
- Must have racking and stacking data system equipment experience.
- Expertise with day-to-day data center operation tasks, including rack/stack, understanding of switch/port configurations, server decommissioning.
- Running and Terminating copper and fiber cables.
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics of hardware/connectivity.
- Commission and Decommission of Hardware.
- Familiarity with Patch Panels.
- Must be able to perform component replaceable of DIMMs Hard drives, Power Supplies.
- Vendor Management. Support 3rd Party Vendor Activities.
- A strong working knowledge of data center processes and design (power, cooling, redundancy).
- Previous experience working in a complex high availability data center environment. Also experience with Data Center incident resolution, asset management, and logistics.
- Hands on expertise of midrange systems in large scale (100+ servers) environments- IBM, HP, Oracle, & Dell server hardware.
- Ability to read and understand system design documentation (rack elevations, etc.).
- Ability to document complex problem resolution summaries and repetitive tasks interfaces through online ticketing system.
- Ability to demonstrate effective team and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and decision making related to outage risk assessment.
- Strong cable management skills and experience managing fiber & copper in a data center environment.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in a technical discipline is desired. Additional 5 years of experience can be substituted for the technical degree.
- Certifications in A+, Server + or Network + is desired.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business workhours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.