Perform forensic analysis on all common operating system environments, to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Windows, MacOS, UNIX, Linux, Solaris, as well as embedded systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform forensic analysis on all common operating system environments, to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, UNIX, Linux, Solaris, as well as embedded systems.
- Analyze digital media (logs, code, phones, hard drives, memory dumps, etc.) to determine attack vectors and develop mitigation techniques.
- Identify possible threats based on analysis of digital media.
- Maintain readiness to divert and deploy teams of contract resources to provide on‐site support and assistance in the event of an exercise or cyber incident.
- Develop and disseminate engagement reports, technical reports and briefs based on analytic findings.
- Identify and document tactics, techniques and procedures used by an attacker to gain unauthorized access.
- Develop procedures and processes to analyze and categorize digital media.
- Follow industry standard forensic best practices while imaging, preserving, transporting and handling electronic data and associated physical devices.
- Participate in inter‐agency sponsored community of interest analysis groups, conduct and participate in technical briefings and exchanges.
- Communicate, coordinate and share information and work closely with NCCIC and other HIRT components.
- Develop tips, indicators, warnings and actionable information.
- Support the development of performance metrics.
- Adhere to the CONOPS and SOPs of the HIRT and Digital Forensics Group (DFG).Assist with preservation and duplication of original media obtained from customers.
- Assist with maintaining the readiness of all DFG fly‐away kits, storage media and forensic VM analyst images.
- Assist with maintaining DFG computer equipment and software licensing
Required Skills: (There are multiple positions for the Digital Forensic Analyst position (Level1, Level 2, Level 3))
- Due to the nature of this position and the information that employees will be required to access, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with ability to obtain a DHS SCI, as well as obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following tools: EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, Autopsy/Sleuthkit.
- Knowledge of investigative methods to locate specific electronic data.
- Proficiency in the latest cyber forensics, response, and reverse engineering skills and understanding of the latest exploit methodologies.
Digital Forensic Analyst, Level 1
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience working in similar roles.
Digital Forensic Analyst, Level 2
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience is required. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
Digital Forensic Analyst, Level 3
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 5 years of experience is required. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- TS/SCI is desired.
- Experience performing cyber forensics, malware analysis, cyber hunt, etc. strongly preferred.
- A professional certification such as GCFA, GNFA, GREM, or GCIH is highly desirable.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager. May be required to travel up to 25% of time.
May be required to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.