Job Title: Help Desk Specialist II
Location: Laurel, MD
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI w/ FS Polygraph
Required Certifications: DoD 8570 Information Assurance Category IAT Level I or higher
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides 24x7 Help Desk support as defined by first response/Tier 2 support.
- Provides phone and in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, LAN/WAN, directories, standard desktop images and applications, COTS and GOTS applications.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting all IT related problems, including hardware/software, passwords, and printer problems.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Due to the nature of this position and the information that employees will be required to access, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated Help Desk experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a Technical, Math, or Business discipline from an accredited college or University is required.
- Two additional (5) years of Help Desk experience with an Associates or three additional (7) years’ experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong customer service/client-facing skills.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all-inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.