Job Title: Software Engineer - Level 5
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Required Security Clearance: Uncleared
Required Certifications: NA
Required Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or relate discipline (4 years additional experience can be substituted for degree.)
Description and Responsibilities:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Due to the nature of this position and the information that employees will be required to access, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ten (10) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or relate discipline (4 years additional experience can be substituted for degree).
- Experience in supervising one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Ability to confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Experience coordinating software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Ability to recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Previous work as the technical lead of multiple software development teams.
- Experience in quality control of all developed and modified software.
Work is typically based in a quiet office environment or electronics research lab. Business work hours for this position are based solely on the requirements of the program. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.