Location: Washington, DC, Work to be performed on-site eventually. Working Remote currently
Description and Responsibilities:
The MS SQL Server Database Administrator will provide the following:
- Responsible for managing and driving the database design; setting up the database; and management during design, build, and testing of the Microsoft SQL Server (mssql) database components for the new solution.
- Lead the analysis, design, and build of the database components of the solution.
- Manage the database for all environments for the infrastructure team.
- Support the infrastructure database team in all environments.
- Monitor and support the development, test, and operations architecture of database components associated with the assigned release.
- Document database design, setup, and database related items.
- Perform tuning to optimize database performance.
- Support the identification and management of risks, issues, and action items related to infrastructure and technical architecture, specifically the database components.
- Review key project deliverables.
- Communicate release objectives policies, standards, procedures, and processes to the Technical Architecture Lead and the client.
- Public Trust desired
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or the sciences, or industry-equivalent experience required.
- Must have 5+ years of experience as a certified MSSQL Database Administrator.
- Must have 5+ years of experience designing and implementing database schemas, system conversions, PL/SQL.
- Must have 2 to 4 years of experience developing Solution Architect initiatives.
- Experience with PostgreSQL preferred.
- MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration Certification preferred
Work is typically based in a quiet office environment or electronics research lab. Business work hours for this position are based solely on the requirements of the program. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.