Location: Arlington, VA
Description and Responsibilities :
We are seeking talented engineers with experience in datacenter operations and design. The candidate will support a modernization project to Re-Architect the current virtualized hosting infrastructure across three datacenters into a modern hybrid cloud model. This is a senior engineer position that requires someone with good hands-on experience managing a large and complex IT environment. This will be a fast-paced environment that will require in-depth knowledge and technical expertise meet our customer's deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with technical leads on the engineering, implementation, and operational work on VMWare SDDC platforms using VMWare 6.x or higher
- Assist with technical recommendations with As-Is and To-Be technical designs, assessments, gap and risk analysis
- Engineer specific modernization solutions that includes discovery, requirement analysis, application design and specification, systems integration, workload migration, product customizations, solution test plan, and quality assurance
- Assist with the upgrade of existing infrastructure to the latest version of vSphere 7.x with best practices for support of NSX, vRealize, and multi cloud
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in engineering or related discipline plus 4 additional years of experience in datacenter virtualization. Experience can be substituted for a degree.
- DoD 8570 Baseline Security Certification for an IAT level 2
- Overall 5+ years of engineering experience in datacenter, cloud, or virtualization
- Experience as a technical engineer for modernization and large scale system upgrades
- Expertise and hands-on experience with full suite vSphere services including vCenter, DRS, SRM, vVOLs, fault tolerance, and high availability
- Design, implement, support, and monitor performance management of enterprise VMware vSphere environments across data centers
- Strong storage, networking, system engineering experience
- Exposure to other VMware products like NSX, and/or vRealize
- Ability to troubleshoot complex migration and configuration problems or system issues
- Certification of VMware VCP DCV or higher
- Experience with SAN and NAS storage for array integration, multipathing, RDMA
- Strong team partnering skills; excellent written and oral communications skills
- Any scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.