Job Title: Operational Language Analyst, Senior
Location: Hanover, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: 3/3 DLPT score within the last two (2) years.
Required Education: Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or equivalent. Four (4) additional years of experience can be used in
Required Experience: Ten (10) + years of translation or other cryptologic experience.
Federal Data Systems is seeking linguists with a background in a variety of European Asian languages and to support our Maryland partner as an Operational Language Analyst. Qualified and accepted candidates will work on-site, among a team of linguists supporting the Intelligence Community and the defense of the United States of America.
The Operational Language Analyst will:
· Transcribe and/or translate source material, both printed and audio.
· Provide analysis and reporting of translated foreign language material.
· Scan, sort, and categorize foreign language materials.
· Recover essential elements of information.
· Compile and update operational working aids.
· Ten (10) years of transcription, translation or other language-related cryptologic experience.
· Must have excellent command of the English language knowledge and ability to produce translations independently.
· Must have demonstrated superior and professional competency in previous assignments and positions.
· Must be able to complete all Functional Responsibilities and assist/teach junior linguists to do the same.
Preferences: DLPT 3+/3+
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.