Cydecor is driven to be the most exciting and rewarding professional services company by providing mission-critical program support and solutions that exceed customer expectations. The Director of Human Resources will lead a team of 5+ direct reports, developing and delivering exceptional human resources support while ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal labor laws and regulations. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the full spectrum of HR functions, Compliance, People and Culture, and Mentoring. The right person for the role will be excited to take ownership in a role that is both strategic and tactical. The Director of Human Resources will work closely with the Executive Team to assist in short and long-term planning. The Director of Human Resources will have a passion to take a successful company to the next level, using their creativity and leadership skills to develop and implement new strategies for recruiting, retention, and employee engagement. They will be excited to join a company that is focused on driving team goals, valuing their employees, and achieving more together.
- Lead and manage the Human Resource Team made up of Generalists, Managers and Coordinators to strengthen its performance through the development and tracking of Key Performance Indicators, and through training and development of the Human Resources Team.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and Federal employment laws and regulations. Ensure continuous improvement of HR functions by recommending, preparing, updating, human resource policies and procedures to reflect evolving laws, regulations, and guidance from the company’s Executive Team.
- Improve the monitoring, and appraisal of employee performance by working with managers to coach employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Strengthen the Cydecor culture by taking ownership of employee recognition programs and developing new ways to recognize and reward teamwork, dedication, and innovation.
- Develop and implement employee benefits programs (including 401(k) administration) by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends and engaging employees. Recommend benefit programs to the Executive Team; direct the processing of benefit claims; obtain and evaluate benefit contract bid and awarding benefit contract
- Manage and administer the annual employee performance review process, employee compensation actions, and coordinate with payroll to resolve any payroll problems or discrepancies.
- Use coaching skills to advise leadership team, providing guidance and training to develop talent internally wherever possible.
- Maintain audit readiness by maintaining historical human resource records. Design an effective filing and retrieval system for past and current records.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or relevant field required.
- Master’s in HRM or MBA a plus.
- Must have a successful track record of human resources management at the manager/ supervisor level.
- Must have progressive experience in human resources and business operations.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience providing HR support for a DoD or government professional services contracting company to include working with transitioning military and Government personnel and knowledge of post-Government employment ethics laws and regulations.
- Must have strong compliance experience and attention to detail, including up-to-date knowledge of, and experience in complying with local, state, and federal employment laws and including Affirmative Action Plan, EEO-1, and VETS 4212.
- Experience in the development and administration of HR compensation plans required.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Experience negotiating third-party vendor contracts to include benefits programs strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and high level of attention to detail required.
Why is this a compelling role to consider?
The Director of Human Resources at Cydecor will have the chance to take a successful company and have full ownership of all human resources functions. They will be well resourced, with a Human Resources Team that is eager to learn and grow so they can take their skills to the next level. The right person will be excited to join a company where they executive team is passionate about recognizing and nurturing excellence in their employees. The Director of Human Resources will be excited to be in a highly visible role where they are empowered to bring fresh ideas and put their stamp on the organization.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
Cydecor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.