Cydecor is one of the most consistently growing organizations in the industry. We are a fast-paced government contractor, headquartered in Crystal City, Virginia. Our growth rate has exceeded double digits for more than ten years. Because of this expansion, we are upgrading several key areas in our infrastructure to meet demand. If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity that will challenge you and help grow your career – then Cydecor is the company for you. Join our family!
Cydecor is actively looking for an experienced Salesforce Business Analyst with experience in higher education to support the development of CRM applications for a new higher education institution delivering online education to active duty enlisted personnel. The Salesforce Business Analyst will be embedded inside a cross-functional multi-vendor application development team and will support the agile development process of a Salesforce instance, including capturing systems requirements from subject matter experts, providing insights on customizing the Salesforce Education Data Architecture (EDA) and its reporting capabilities (e.g. lists, reports, dashboards) to deliver scalable Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) as well as facilitate data exchanges within and beyond Departmental systems (e.g. Blackboard, JST, consortium SIS).
Lead the capture and optimization of engineering of requirements and support the development of highly usable software applications and associated reporting requirements to support operational effectiveness as the organization scales from MVP, to Initial Operational Capability (IOC), and to Full Operational Capacity (FOC).
Assess current state and capabilities of software applications, associated reporting structures, and product development roadmap and quickly come up to speed.
Decompose complex business requirements into epics and user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria for MVP, IOC, and FOC phases of development.
Design and develop business process workflows, data models, and Business Intelligence (BI) reports .
- C ontribute to the formulation of success criteria, and sprint prioritization decisions for Minimally Viable Product (MVP) feature releases.
- Assist with the formulation of data exchange system requirements and offer guidance on data exchange requirements between agency internal systems, between inter-agency systems, and between the agency and its consortium higher education participating institutions.
- Assess existing Salesforce applications and provide recommendations to improve the overall quality
- Collaborate with developers to clarify user stories and help decompose them into development tasks
- Support development and documentation of test cases and test plans
- As part of sprint execution, test application features, verify functionality and log defects and discrepancies
- Contribute feedback to sprint reviews/demos and capture end-user feedback
- Contribute to the formulation and optimization of Salesforce reporting functionalities to support the tracking of key milestones and KPIs as well as customized communications with stakeholders throughout the agency.
- Participate in retrospective sessions and capture opportunities to improve the development process
- Develop and maintain application design documents and user guides
- 5+ years of experience supporting development and testing of CRM applications using Salesforce, ideally with prior experience with the Salesforce Educational Data Architecture (EDA
- 2+ years of experience supporting application/product development initiatives for academic institutions
- Expert understanding and knowledge of Agile Scrum development process and practices
- Knowledge and experience designing data models, data flows, and Business Intelligence reports
- Experience developing user stories, building consensus for Minimally Viable Product (MVP).
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
One or more certifications in Salesforce
One or more certifications in Agile methods such as Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner, or similar.
Knowledge and experience designing data exchange services and APIs.
Clearance Required: US citizenship required, ability to obtain and hold a clearance
Cydecor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.