Cydecor is one of the most consistently growing organizations in the industry. We are a fast-paced government contractor, headquartered in Crystal City, Virginia. Our growth rate has exceeded double digits for more than ten years. Because of this expansion, we are upgrading several key areas in our infrastructure to meet demand. If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity that will challenge you and help grow your career – then Cydecor is the company for you. Join our family!
This position supports NSWC Carderock division in a Senior Microsoft Systems Engineer capacity for IT tasking. This position is part of the CSWF, at the Journeyman Proficiency Level, and is in Category 40, Specialty Area 45 of the DON Cybersecurity Workforce Qualification Matrix of the SECNAV M-5239.2, Cyberspace Information Technology and Cybersecurity Workforce Management and Qualifications Manual (Jun 2016).
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Server and system administration support.
- Planning, design, installation, configuration, documentation, system remediation, operations, and maintenance
- Performance tuning, data protection, backup, and recovery;
- Interfacing with vendors and service providers for analysis and troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, electrical engineering, communications management, or an equivalent bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
- In lieu of the bachelor’s degree, the Senior Microsoft Systems Engineer may have one of the following certifications: GIAC Security Essentials Certificate (GSEC); Security + (CE) Certificate; Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) Certificate; or CNSSI/National Security Telecommunications and Information Systems Security Instruction (NSTISSI) 4115/4016 Certificate.
- Additionally, within six months from the date they begin performing under this task order, the Senior Microsoft Systems Engineer shall obtain, and thereafter maintain, a current Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Server Infrastructure Certificate.
- At least four years of experience operating a Microsoft Windows domain. Years of experience beyond the minimum may be considered a strength. Work experience shall also include/demonstrate:
- All aspects of hardware and software pertaining to Microsoft server products; in particular in Public Key Infrastructure, Active Directory, System Center, SharePoint, and SQL server experience with Microsoft Active Directory in a multiple-site architecture
- Strong organizational, communication, and managerial skills;
- Ability to initiate and manage a project from inception to completion; and the ability to troubleshoot problems, conduct research, and learn and propose new technology solutions.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, conducts research, and learn and propose new technology solutions.
- Primary: NSWCCD (West Bethesda, MD)
- May travel to San Diego, CA; Silverdale, WA; Bayview, ID; Memphis, TN; Port Canaveral FL; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Little Creek, VA; and Perryville, MD
- Personnel may also work at a Cydecor location when deemed appropriate
Cydecor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.