Job Description: (Brief Summary/Statement)
The Director of Operations will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure growth objectives are met for the organization in one of Cydecor’s strategic business areas. Candidates should bring strong organizational, business development, and project management skills to provide direction for Cydecor’s pursuits in this market sector, including capture activities such as assessing technical capabilities and opportunity alignment, facilitating customer visits, forming strategic partnerships with other firms, and developing staffing solutions for the successful transition of awarded contracts. The Director of Operations will also be responsible for the management and oversight of Program Managers of existing contracts in this market sector.
- Responsible for oversight and completion of the business development activities for a market sector from pursuit through award. (Approximately 70% of effort will be focused in this area.)
- Primary duties include identifying, developing, driving and winning new and re-competing business opportunities.
- Collaborate with executives on the business strategy to determine objectives
- Establish and track Business Development targets for subordinate Program Managers and Task Leads
- Build and maintain successful relationships with prospects and existing clients
- Maintain the business development pipeline for this sector; direct, coordinate and conduct bid strategies; develop kick-off slides, write proposals, conduct market research, evaluate current business performance and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Identify resources required to pursue each bid.
- Develop and track Key Performance Indicators for BD functions
- Oversight of Program Managers of existing contracts in the market sector. (Approximately 30% of effort will be focused on management responsibilities.)
- Develop Key performance indications for existing and new contracts
- Provide oversight and management of contract transitions
- Provide oversight and management of contract execution
- Manage existing customer relationships
- Manage Operations reporting (e.g., Customer Quality Surveys)
- Develop Staffing Plans and coordinate with Human Resources to prioritize Contract & Contingent hiring.
- Facilitate and manage the monthly Program Managers Operations meeting.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, management or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of management experience with Department of the Navy (DON) (preferred) / DoD (required) professional services contracting.
- 5+ years of business development experience with DoD procurements.
- Flexibility and capability to multitask within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- High attention to detail and ability to liaison with multiple inter-related departments.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
Clearance Required: Active DoD Secret Clearance
Cydecor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.