Job Description: (Brief Summary/Statement)
This position will work with NSWG-1 N6 Staff for data collection, research, analysis, planning, and acquisition of Command, Control, Communication, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) technology, systems, and capabilities for NSWG-1 components.
- Conduct in depth analysis on SEAL team operations and environments in order to define specific C4I capabilities, capacities, and requirements.
- Perform research and collaborate with the Echelon II NSW Command, fellow Echelon III commands, subordinate Echelon IV commands, and industry partners; to forecast changes in technology and develop advanced tactical portable telecommunications.
- Recommend changes to formal requirements and resourcing documents to capture emergent changes in the battle field environment.
- Advise the Communications, Requirements, and Operations Department Heads on strategic communications and information technology programs and systems.
- Participate in working groups with Echelon I and II NSW and other government agency C4I program leads, strategizing NSW C4I system and equipment issues, information technology goals and objectives in accordance with DOD, SOCOM, and Department of the Navy (DON) regulations.
- Develop congressional level position papers defining NSW C4I deficiency gaps and their operational impact.
- Make recommendations in support of funding to conduct research and development of material solutions.
- Participate in command’s equipment review board to provide C4I subject matter expertise to assess requirements and formulate courses of action and plans for distribution and sustainment of communications systems and information technology equipment for future deployment plans
- Coordinate with deployed SEAL Teams and other joint services to fulfill requests for communication equipment and material requirements to ensure effective secure voice/data/video systems are functional during mission critical operations
- Ensure continuous chain of receipt is maintained to ensure shipment of equipment to appropriate locations
- Identify C4I program strengths and weaknesses in terms of basic program goals and objectives.
- Account for operational readiness shortfalls of tactical communication and information technology equipment, systems, maintenance, and sustainment.
- Review and provide document revisions to Special Operations Forces Echelon I Command’s C4I system programs capabilities production documents (CPD) on behalf of NSWG 1 to ensure current quantities, capabilities, and requirements are accurately reflected within the documentation.
- Prepare and submits requirements for communication and information technology equipment and systems to Echelon I and II commands based on SEAL Team input.
- Bachelor's in Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience with DoD acquisitions management.
- Minimum four years of hands on Special Operations Forces (SOF) C4I, or tactical expeditionary telecommunications experience.
- Proficient in executive level writing, technical writing and Microsoft Office products.
Cydecor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.