Cydecor is driven to be the most exciting and rewarding professional services company by providing mission-critical program support and solutions that exceed customer expectations. Cydecor is a growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business and is hiring a Director of Human Resources who will lead a team of 5+ direct reports, developing and delivering exceptional human resources support while ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal labor laws and regulations. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the full spectrum of HR functions, including Staffing and Recruiting, Compliance, People and Culture, and Mentoring. The right person for the role will be excited to take ownership in a role that is both strategic and tactical. The Director of Human Resources will work closely with the Executive Team to assist in short and long-term planning. The Director of Human Resources will have a passion to take a successful company to the next level, using their creativity and leadership skills to develop and implement new strategies for recruiting, retention, and employee engagement. They will be excited to join an employee-owned company that is focused on driving team goals, valuing their employees, and achieving more together, out of Crystal City, VA – HQ Headquarters.
Why is this a compelling role to consider?
The Director of Human Resources at Cydecor will have the chance to take a successful company and have full ownership of all human resources functions. They will be well resourced, with an up-and-coming Human Resources Team that is hungry for coaching and guidance so they can take their skills to the next level. The right person will be excited to join a company where the executive team is passionate about recognizing and nurturing excellence in their employees. The Director of Human Resources will be excited to be in a highly visible role where they are empowered to bring fresh ideas and put their stamp on the organization.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage the Human Resource Team made up of Generalists, Recruiters, and Coordinators to strengthen its performance through the development and tracking of Key Performance Indicators, and through training and development of the Human Resources Team.
- Take ownership of the full life cycle of the recruiting process. Develop and implement innovative passive recruiting strategies and executive-level recruitment strategies to improve recruiting results for both program-level employees and headquarters-level leaders.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and Federal employment laws and regulations. Ensure continuous improvement of HR functions by recommending, preparing, updating, human resource policies and procedures to reflect evolving laws, regulations, and guidance from the company’s Executive Team.
- Improve the monitoring, and appraisal of employee performance by working with managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Strengthen the Cydecor culture by taking ownership of employee recognition programs and developing new ways to recognize and reward teamwork, dedication and innovation.
- Develop and implement employee benefits programs by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends and engaging employees. Recommend benefit programs to the Executive Team; direct the processing of benefit claims; obtain and evaluate benefit contract bid and awarding benefit contract.
- Manage and administer the annual employee performance review process, employee compensation actions, and coordinate with payroll to resolve any payroll problems or discrepancies.
- Use coaching skills to advise leadership team, providing guidance and training to develop talent internally wherever possible.
- Maintain audit readiness by maintaining historical human resource records. Design an effective filing and retrieval system for past and current records.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or relevant field required.
- Master’s in HRM or MBA a plus.
- Must have a successful track record of human resources management at the manager/ supervisor level.
- Must have progressive experience in human resource, business operations, and staffing/ recruiting with SPHR, SHRM-CP, or equivalent professional development a plus.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience providing HR support for a DoD or government professional services contracting company to include working with transitioning military and Government personnel and knowledge of post-Government employment ethics laws and regulations.
- Must have experience providing management of full life-cycle recruiting process.
- Must have strong compliance experience and attention to detail, including up-to-date knowledge of, and experience in complying with local, state, and federal employment laws and including Affirmative Action Plan, EEO-1, and VETS 4212.
- Experience in the development and administration of HR compensation plans preferred.
- Experience with Taleo ATS and HR Onboarding modules preferred, experience with other similar systems will be considered.
- Experience negotiating third-party vendor contracts to include benefits programs strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail required.
- None; Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
Cydecor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.