Work with the best - work for Virginia Beach Parks and Recreation! Join our team and contribute to our 60+ year track record of providing legendary experiences! We are dedicated to promoting healthy lifestyles and protecting our environment. We ensure all residents – regardless of their physical, social, and economic circumstances – can access our programs. By providing enriching and memorable lifelong experiences, we strive to enhance the quality of life for our community by improving the physical and mental well-being of our residents.
· Able to keep a positive attitude and foster excellence through your actions, words, and appearance?
· Someone who seeks opportunity to learn and understand the experience of others?
· A problem solver who can work through sticking points and difficult conversations? Going to take ownership of your time with the department and strive for excellence?
THEN WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
Youth Workers ($15.00 per hour) duties could include but not be limited to:
- Greeting customers
- Assisting with enforcing rules and regulations
- Assisting with administrative duties
- Assisting in opening and closing locations/facilities
- Assisting in maintaining facilities in a clean and safe condition
- Assisting with implementing programs
- Assisting with planning and setting up daily work
- Assisting with distributing equipment and supplies
- Operating tools and equipment
- Assisting in the care and well-being of animals
- Assisting with cashier duties
- Working outside in extreme weather
- Responsible for collecting revenue
- Assisting with writing and submitting reports
- Reporting incidents and discrepancies to proper authorities
- Perform other job duties requiring skills, knowledge and physical requirements as demanded by those duties described or less. Individual assignments will be determined by the supervisor based on the current workloads and organization/company needs.
The P&R Employee Experience
At Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation, our success is because of our dedicated employees. We are intentional about creating an employee experience where you are empowered to reach your full potential, are supported through strength-based initiatives, and are confident in your abilities. We champion a workplace culture built on our cultural foundations: Professionalism, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Citizenship. These guiding principles of behavior cultivate a positive and high performing work environment. Success is recognized and celebrated, and legendary experiences are the core of who we are.