The City of Virginia Beach is hiring business minded Human Resources practitioners to add to our growing Employee Relations (ER) team. The Employee Relations Human Resource Business Partner is responsible for supporting client departments with complex employee relations needs - providing support, business partnership, thought partnership, and coaching at all levels of our organization. The HR Business Partner role delivers targeted solutions, triages ER casework, and identifies solutions for their client.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Conducting workplace investigations and drafting investigative reports, grievability determinations and other professional documents in compliance with City policy and applicable laws or regulations
- Consulting with supervisors and employees and formulating recommendations regarding appropriate courses of action for a variety of employee relations issues (e.g., discipline, grievance, performance management)
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships throughout the organization
- Interpreting policies and procedures for supervisors and employees
- Coordinating and leading projects or programs
- Researching, analyzing and formulating statistical and narrative reports as well as making final recommendations regarding HR-related issues/programs to provide a basis for decision making and accountability
This position is in the Employee Relations division of the Human Resources Department and may be classified as a Human Resource Business Partner II (A12, $60,707 - $94,096) or Human Resource Business Partner III (A14, $66,930 - $103,741) depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Our subject matter experts work across functions. If you have technical expertise and exceptional customer service, we can support your growth and development. We are currently seeking subject matter experts in the following areas to build our ER team:
- Workplace investigations
- Public safety/uniformed services human resources support
- Employee performance management
This position offers a remote/hybrid work schedule arrangement and career progression opportunity. The City offers a generous benefits package, which includes health, dental and life insurance, retirement and savings plans, maternity/paternity and parental leave, holidays and Paid-Time-Off.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Once a selection has been made, this requisition will be closed.