Office Assistant II
Dutis include but are not limted to:
May be required to work days, nights, weekends, or holidays, or other non-traditional work hours as department needs require. This position is Alpha 1.
High school or GED plus one year (1) of experience in fields providing the required knowledge, skills and abilities, such as clerical or office assistant; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Passing score on a typing test may be required.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: All employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies.
DMV Transcript: Not Required
CDL: Not Required
DOT History: Not Required
CPS Check: Not Required
Physical: Not Required
Respirator: Not Required
Polygraph Review: Not Required
Psychological Screening: Not Required
Attachments Required: NONE
1. Experience working within EMS or public safety
2. Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
3. Experience maintaining physical and digital records of various types
4. Experience working in an environment involving job functions that simultaneously support multiple offices within an organization
5. Direct customer service experience using in-person, telephone, email, and social media methods
6. Experience working with volunteers
7. Experience multi-tasking and task prioritization
8. Advanced experience using all Microsoft Office programs to create, review, and maintain documents, presentations, and data-driven spreadsheets
VRS Contribution: All full-time employees are required to contribute 5% of annual salary toward their retirement account; in accordance with VRS retirement provisions. This will be handled through a pre-tax payroll deduction.
Drug Free Workplace: The City of Virginia Beach maintains a drug free workplace.