Engineer I/II - Project Engineer for the Stormwater Engineering Center
Come join the Stormwater Engineering Center for an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that is delivering vital stormwater infrastructure within the City of Virginia Beach.
The advertisement is for four positions which may be classified as an Engineer I or II depending on qualifications and experience of the selected applicant.
Engineer I Pay Range: A.11, $57,816.70 - $89,615.89 Engineer I Job Description
Engineer II Pay Range: A.13, $63,742.90 - $98,801.50 Engineer II Job Description
The Selected Candidate will be part of a team of talented engineers working in the Stormwater Engineering Center performing a variety of duties of a complex nature related to stormwater engineering projects. Representative work duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in overall project development including planning, design, engineering, and construction support. Example projects include the City's Stormwater Master Plan Update, Flood Protection Program projects, and Sea Level Wise
- Review of Complex Drainage plans or studies for various stormwater infrastructure systems including conceptual designs, preliminary engineering reports, cost estimates, design calculations or computations, exhibits, plans, drawings, and specifications for culverts, stormwater conveyance channels, pipes or systems, stormwater management facilities, stormwater pump stations and other specialty devices such as tide gates or barriers
- Perform hydraulic modeling for the City's Stormwater Master Plans
- Assist in bid and contract management for design and construction
- Assist in preparing materials for public meetings
This position offers a hybrid remote and/or flexible working option.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, this position may offer a hiring bonus and relocation assistance.
In addition to the minimum requirements, the ideal candidate for these positions will have experience listed in the preferences below. Candidates with the preferred experience should ensure the information is provided in the application
This posting will be Open-Until-Filled; however, a first review of candidate submissions will be completed by July 21, 2022. Applications submitted on/after that date will only be considered if the candidate pool needs to be expanded or additional vacancies become available.