Staffing and Compensation Analyst I/II
This position may be classified as a Human Resource Analyst I or Human Resource Analyst II depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The Human Resources Analyst will:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED: This position will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. First review of applications will be held on October 20, 2021. Once the appropriate applicant pool has been established, it will be closed.
Human Resources Analyst I: Requires any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to six (6) years in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills and abilities and associated with such positions as human resources analyst or specialist or generalist. Must have a current and valid driver's license.
Human Resources Analyst II: Requires any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to eight (8) years in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills and abilities and associated with such positions as Human Resources Specialist or Analyst. Must have a current and valid driver's license.
All employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies.
DMV Transcript: Required
CDL: Not Required
DOT History: Not Required
CPS Check: Not Required
Physical: Not Required
Respirator: Not Required
Polygraph Review: Not Required
Psychological Screening: Not Required
• Master’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration, or similar field.
• Professional designation as a SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, IPMA-HR, CCP, etc.
• Human Resources experience in a centralized environment.
• Staffing and recruitment experience.
• Experience interpreting and writing policies and procedures related to human resource functions.
• Experience reviewing compensation data to make recommendations in pay rates and compensation strategies.
• Experience collaborating with peers and hiring managers to address current, and plan for future needs.
• Practical knowledge and experience with employment laws related to hiring and compensation (FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc.).
This position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed regularly and the recruitment will be closed upon receiving an adequate pool of qualified candidates or upon a selection being made.
The level at which a candidate is hired and the salary within the range is dependent on candidate qualifications (education and experience).
Human Resources Analyst I (A08): $49,670.40 (minimum salary)
Human Resources Analyst II (A10): $54,828.80 (minimum salary)
VRS Contribution: All full-time employees are required to contribute 5% of annual salary toward their retirement account; in accordance with VRS retirement provisions. This will be handled through a pre-tax payroll deduction.