Engineer II/III - Traffic Engineering
This position may be classified as an Engineer II or Engineer III depending on qualifications and experience of the selected applicant.
Engineer II (Pay Range: A13 $63,606.40 - $96,387.20 DOQ) Engineer II Job Description
Engineer III (Pay Range: A16 $73,736 - $111,779.20 DOQ) Engineer III Job Description
Representative work duties include but are not limited to:
Individual will perform moderately complex engineering work and supervise traffic technicians in the traffic engineering aspects of the following duties:
In addition to the minimum requirements, the ideal candidate for this position will have traffic engineering experience listed in the preference below. Candidates with preferred experience should ensure the information is provided in the application.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED: This position will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. First rview of applications will be held on 7/30/21. Once the appropriate applicant pool has been established, it will be closed.
There is no working conditions statement available for this position at this time.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) approved engineering or engineering technology program WITH possession of an E.I.T. (Engineer In Training) Certificate AND two (2) years of progressive professional experience.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)approved engineering or engineering technology program WITH possession of a Professional Engineer (P.E.) license from the Virginia Board of Architects, Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, Certified Interior Designers and Landscape Architects (APELSCIDLA) AND five (5) years of progressive professional experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ENGINEER II AND ENGINEER III:
All employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies.
DMV Transcript: Required
CDL: Not Required
DOT History: Not Required
CPS Check: Not Required
Physical: Not Required
Respirator: Not Required
Polygraph Review: Not Required
Psychological Screening: Not Required
- Experience with plan review and design, including traffic signal design and site impact analysis
- Experience reading and interpreting plans and specifications prepared by others in review of design for site and subdivision plans and municipal roadway projects
- Experience applying City, State, and Federal traffic safety standard in the development of review comments for site, subdivision and roadway plans
- Experience and fundamental understanding of site access management principals
- Experience with traffic engineering software such as Synchro, HCS, Trip Generation or similar
- Experience and working knowledge of the MUTCD and Virginia Work Area Protection Manual
- Municipal government experience
- Experience writing technical reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience making presentations to and interacting with citizens, consultants and public officials
- Computer experience using standard Microsoft programs such as Word, Access and Excel software products
VRS Contribution: All full-time employees are required to contribute 5% of annual salary toward their retirement account; in accordance with VRS retirement provisions. This will be handled through a pre-tax payroll deduction.