Staffing and Compensation Analyst I/II
This position may be classified as a Human Resource Analyst I or Human Resource Analyst II depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Human Resource Analyst I - A.8 ($48,443.20 - $73,465.60) Click here for the full job description
Human Resource Analyst II - A.10 ( $53,476.80 - $81,078.40) Click here for the full job description
The Human Resources Analyst will:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED: This position will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. First review of applications will be held on April 5, 2021. Once the appropriate applicant pool has been established, it will be closed.
Human Resources Analyst I:
Requires any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to six (6) years in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills and abilities and associated with such positions as human resources analyst or specialist or generalist. Some positions may require employee to have, or obtain, a current and valid Virginia or North Carolina driver’s license in accordance with Virginia or North Carolina DMV driver’s license eligibility requirements.
Human Resources Analyst II:
Requires any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to eight (8) years in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills and abilities and associated with such positions as Human Resources Specialist or Analyst. Some positions may require employee to have, or obtain, a current and valid Virginia or North Carolina driver’s license in accordance with Virginia or North Carolina DMV driver’s license eligibility requirements.
DMV Transcript: Not Required
CDL: Not Required
DOT History: Not Required
CPS Check: Not Required
Physical: Not Required
Respirator: Not Required
Polygraph Review: Not Required
Psychological Screening: Not Required
• Preferred qualifications include a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration or similar field
• Strongly prefer centralized Human Resource experience
• Professional designation as a SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, IPMA-HR, CCP, etc.
• Experience formulating and implementing a recruitment strategy and plan for hard to fill positions
• Experience assisting managers and leadership navigate a defensible hiring process resulting in "good hires"
• Experience interpreting and writing policy related to human resource functions
• Experience reviewing market data to make recommendations in pay rates and compensation strategy
• Highly qualified candidates will also be able to facilitate good working relationships with customers
• Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with peers and customers to produce positive outcomes
• Think strategically in terms of anticipating customer needs and planning for future processes
• Have a solid knowledge of employment law (FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc) as it relates to hiring and compensation.
VRS Contribution: All full-time employees are required to contribute 5% of annual salary toward their retirement account; in accordance with VRS retirement provisions. This will be handled through a pre-tax payroll deduction.