Business Application Specialist II
Responsible for utilization of specialized department business applications systems; and investigate user system problems of a complex nature and design corrective procedures. Duties include, but are not limited to:
This posting will be Open-Until-Filled; however, a first review of candidate submissions will be completed by 2/17/21. Applications submitted on/after that date will only be considered if the candidate pool needs to be expanded or additional vacancies become available.
There is no working conditions statement available for this position at this time.
Any combination of education (above high school), training, and/or experience equivalent to eight (8) years in a field related to automated business operations in a network or server-based environment for the agency where the IT services are being used, utilizing the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. (NOTE: Related college disciplines include Business Administration, Public Administration, Information Systems, and Information Technology.)
May be required to have, or obtain, a current and valid Virginia or North Carolina drivers license in accordance with Virginia or North Carolina DMV drivers license eligibility requirements.
All employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies.
DMV Transcript: Required
CDL: Not Required
DOT History: Not Required
CPS Check: Not Required
Physical: Not Required
Respirator: Not Required
Polygraph Review: Not Required
Psychological Screening: Not Required
• Experience in Systems Administration to manage department-wide automated business applications specifically a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
• Knowledge of information technology, and software capabilities.
• Experience with various computer platforms functioning in centralized, distributed, client server, and stand-alone environments and what are their capabilities.
• Experience and knowledge of information technology standards and best practices, including; accurate identification and testing system enhancements and effectively assist IT staff in developing and preparing system design documents, written policies and procedures, testing, troubleshooting, and determining appropriate corrective actions.
• Experience leading hardware deployments, software implementations or other information systems projects.
• Experience identifying business operations and needs, documenting requirements and gaps, and staying updated on new services, products, and technology changes
• Experience creating report templates and application data using various tools such as SQL, Crystal Reports, and Power BI. Comprehensive understanding of database structure.
• Experience analyzing and troubleshooting application problems.
• Experience developing and teaching application training using clear oral and written communication.
• Experience translating analysis into business solutions.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and function under pressure.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in a field related to functional support for automated business operations in a network or server-based environment in disciplines such as Business Administration, Public Administration, Civil Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, and Geospatial Information Systems.
VRS Contribution: All full-time employees are required to contribute 5% of annual salary toward their retirement account; in accordance with VRS retirement provisions. This will be handled through a pre-tax payroll deduction.