The Southeast Permanente Medical Group (TSPMG)/ Kaiser Permanente is looking for an Instructional Designer and Technologist to join our Professional Development team. The Instructional Designer and Technologist supports the Professional Development Department, focusing on marking program offerings, designing digital, print and presentation content, as well as leveraging technology to support learning.
The ideal candidate must have bachelor’s degree in Education, Marketing or Technology or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in learning & development with demonstrated ability to develop and manage multiple projects.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrated digital content design skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply adult learning principles to curriculum design
- Demonstrated excellent technical/computer skills and ability to learn new technology
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in instructional design, marketing or education
- Demonstrated proficiency: Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Photoshop, Audacity, and Adobe Premier ProExperience developing web content / HTML familiarity
Major Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Partners with manager of learning and development to design and drive regional learning strategies that meet business goals
- Instructional Designer
- Applying adult and organizational learning theories and best practices, to design educational programs and content that support business needs and quality outcomes
- Provide recommendations regarding learning delivery (Online, workshop, video, etc.)
- Record, edit and distribute video content that support learning and organizational goals
- Program Marketing
- Design & distribute marketing content for professional development program offerings
- Measure the success of program marketing efforts based on attendance
- Manage program registration, insuring a smooth user experience
- Web Based Training Designer/Developer/Consultant
- Consults with stakeholder to make recommendations specific to learning technology and web-based training development and deliver
- Partner with consultants and stakeholders to design online learning strategies that support business needs and quality outcomes
- Develop engaging and professional web-based training programs using Articulate, Storyline and Adobe captivate
- As LMS Administrator
- Maximize user experience
- Troubleshoot for users as needed
- Work with vendors insuring systems compatibility
- Maintain LMS system – system updates
- Web Design & Development
- Design, develop and maintain web content for the Professional Development Department
- Partner with the Communications Department as needed to access intranet servers and content
- Presentation Content Design
- Build digital surveys that support transference of learning and provide meaningful measurement of program quality and success
- Design educational materials applying adult learning theory and best practices to increase transference of learning
- Work with Professional Development staff and stakeholders to design exceptional PowerPoint presentations that use adult learning theory and best practices to increase transference of learning
- Support the use of learning technology across the professional development department
- Assist peers in learning how to use new technology
- Identify opportunities to incorporate new technology to improve learning outcomes and efficiency
The Southeast Permanente Medical Group (TSPMG) is one of Georgia’s largest independent, physician-owned, multi-specialty medical groups. More than 600 physicians and 200 associate practitioners work together in a unique integrated care model to provide high-quality care to over 315,000 Kaiser Permanente members. Care is delivered at 26 medical offices featuring state-of-the-art equipment, labs, imaging services, and pharmacies.
TSPMG offers a competitive salary, a generous retirement package, paid time off, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, long and short-term disability, relocation allowance, and more.
Atlanta, our home for more than 30 years, is a thriving metropolis that blends southern charm with modern art, music and culture. Learn more about our beautiful southern city at http://www.atlanta.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We maintain a drug and nicotine free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.