Call for Application – Certified Leadership Coaches
USAID Learns Contract
**Please note: This is a position open to both foreigners and Vietnamese citizens. Note that applicants outside of Vietnam need to be willing to work virtually during some Vietnam working hours to accommodate coaching clients. **
About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA).
Background and Position Description
As part of its capacity building support to USAID implementing partners, USAID Learns is developing a more robust cadre of consultants who are certified coaches that can provide coaching services to senior personnel of projects supported by USAID. Coaching services aim to build self-awareness, nurture individual leadership development, and level up the ability to lead learning-oriented, collaborative teams for high performance.
The selected consultants will be contracted by USAID Learns to deliver specific coaching services to individuals; each client can take up to 5-6 coaching sessions.
The following steps will be taken to pair coaches and clients:
- USAID Learns reviews the applications and conducts short interviews (likely including a sample 15–20-minute coaching session to directly experience the applicants’ abilities) to create a list of coaches and shares with clients.
- Clients review the bios of the coaches and select one that best suits their experiences and expectations.
- USAID Learns will sign contracts with the coaches selected by the clients
- Selected coaches will attend 30 minutes for more information about the context and expectations.
- USAID Learns will connect the clients with the coaches for them to schedule coaching sessions.
- Each selected coach is expected to conduct a meet and greet session (up to 30 minutes) with the client to introduce their coaching approach, initial expectations, time arrangements, etc.
The level of engagement of each consultant is variable and assignment-dependent. The initial consulting agreement will be for up to six months with the possibility of extending throughout the life of the USAID Learns contract, ending in September 2024.
Under this solicitation, SI intends to select qualified consultants and issue blanket consulting agreements (BCAs) to establish specific pricing levels and parameters for ordering services in the future. This will allow SI to issue specific Work Orders, on an as-needed basis, for the procurement of services over the length of the BCA. Once the consultant agrees to the Work Order, s/he shall furnish the services described in the Work Order. SI is only obligated to pay for services ordered through Work Orders issued under the BCA and delivered by the consultant in accordance with the terms/conditions of the BCA. At this time, the quantity of specific services to be requested under any BCA resulting from this Call for CVs are unknown. Specific quantities will depend on the needs of the project and individual Work Orders will be issued under the BCA as the need arises for additional services. This solicitation does not commit SI to award a contract nor to a specific level of engagement.
Procedure for Matching Task to Consultant
Learns will provide written requests via email to the consultant . Exact expectations will be established at the Work Order level.
The consultant must have the following qualifications:
- Hold professional coaching credentials provided by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) or equivalent accreditation body
- At least 03 years of experience providing coaching services to individual clients, preferably for senior-level leaders
- Excellent professionalism and high ethical standards
- Ability and commitment to adhering to the ICF Code of Ethics
- Professional proficiency in English or Vietnamese
If you are interested to apply, please submit your CV with an expression of interest that highlights your relevant coaching experience. In the expression of interest, please also include a brief discussion on the values and approaches you bring to your work, your expected rate/fee.
Please note that the CV and expression of interest should be made into one file for application uploading.
The closing date for application: Feb 05, 2023. Selection and interviews will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls and/or office visits.