About Social Impact:
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID Learns Contract (Learns). The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners (IPs) to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by: (1) improving IP knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; and (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
SI is seeking a full-time Accountant to support the Vietnam Learns project’s finance and administration activities. The accountant will work in close collaboration with the Senior Director of Finance & Administration (DFA) and will be responsible for day-to-day office expenses. The Accountant position will be full-time, based in Hanoi and report to Senior DFA for the duration of the project.
** Please note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply * *
- Manage cash flow, including funds transfers from SI-HQ, local currency exchange, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank accounts in collaboration with HQ Accounting as part of a month-end close process.
- Record all approved payments for local vendors, contractors, and consultants for goods and services received.
- Record financial transactions into the accounting system, submit each month’s expenses in a timely manner, and upload the expenses into SI’s SharePoint; ensure that all paid invoices agree and are saved with supporting documentation
- Ensure on-time, accurate data entry, completing journal entries for non-routine expenses as necessary.
- Liaise with Senior DFA and the HQ to conduct a final review of vouchers and vendor invoices to ensure the maintenance of thorough financial documentation on all field transactions.
- Liaise with vendors regularly to collect invoices and administrative forms.
- Provide cashier functions: intake petty cash funds; count out petty cash to local staff based on receipts authorized in accordance with policies and procedures; record the amount counted out; and perform cash reconciliations.
- Maintain inventories and controls over project office fixed assets, such as furniture and computer equipment.
- Prepare monthly employee salary calculations based on Vietnamese labor law and make the necessary employers and employees’ income tax and social security contribution payments to local authorities in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly and yearly personal income tax declarations.
- Manage SI’s trade union fund.
- Other responsibilities, as determined by the Learns Senior DFA.
- BS/BA in Accounting , and/or equivalent work experience.
- Five years of experience with auditing, invoicing, and payroll.
- Demonstrated experience with USAID accounting procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of electronic accounting systems, such as QuickBooks.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Proven ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with staff members, visitors, and the general public.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Strong facilitation , networking, and team management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Expertise in organizational and prioritization skills.
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects is strongly desired.
- Written and oral fluency in English.
The closing date for application: January 31, 2023. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter (one-page briefly outlining your qualifications and motivations for applying) into one pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls and/or office visits.