At MTD Products, we do more than just design, manufacture, market, and sell outdoor power equipment. We are an industry leader driven by a greater purpose to inspire people to care for and enjoy the outdoors. As employees, we foster collaboration and teamwork, drive for results, champion change, and inspire and motivate others to high performance. We value stewardship, passion, respect, integrity, and gratitude. And, every day we build upon the strong corporate culture that makes MTD a great place to build a career.
Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD is a global company known for innovation and award-winning lawn mowers, snow blowers and other equipment for both residential and professional markets. Our family of brands includes Cub Cadet®, Troy-Bilt®, Robomow®, Rover®, and WOLF-Garten® – all backed by our strong network of MTD support focused on uncompromising quality, service and value through advanced manufacturing.
The Business Development Specialist will support and execute program, product, and channel initiatives.
Product & Program Development
• Manage the development and execution of annual Independent Retail program books to support all products and brands.
• Creation and management of channel price files followed by proofing process prior to publishing.
• Creation of channel program documents followed by proofing process prior to sharing with Channel Communications Manager.
• Support product line launches and meeting deliverables with content development and product sample coordination. Meetings may include annual National Sales Meeting, Dealer Panels, Sales Advisory, 1MTD Leadership, Dealer Convention, etc.
• Support Dealer Community initiatives.
• Contribute to development and management of Cub Cadet Farm, Hardware, and PED programs.
• Support other channel development initiatives as needed.
Elite Dealer Program
• Develop and manage automation and dashboards with BI team, including internal and Dealer metrics.
• Aggregate quarterly metrics for leadership and Field Sales review.
• Conduct annual Elite Dealer competitive review and make recommendations based on assessment.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• At least 3 years of sales experience preferred
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Displays a positive attitude, willingness to take initiative, and strong work ethic.
• Ability to think creatively about new solutions.
• Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (mainly Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).
• Working knowledge of Salesforce preferred
• Corporate Office setting in Valley City, OH.
• Travel required as needed. Potentially up to 15%, mostly domestic.
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.