At MTD Products, we do more than just design, manufacture, market, and sell outdoor power equipment. We are an industry leader driven by a greater purpose to inspire people to care for and enjoy the outdoors. As employees, we foster collaboration and teamwork, drive for results, champion change, and inspire and motivate others to high performance. We value stewardship, passion, respect, integrity, and gratitude. And, every day we build upon the strong corporate culture that makes MTD a great place to build a career.
Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD is a global company known for innovation and award-winning lawn mowers, snow blowers and other equipment for both residential and professional markets. Our family of brands includes Cub Cadet®, Troy-Bilt®, Robomow®, Rover®, and WOLF-Garten® – all backed by our strong network of MTD support focused on uncompromising quality, service and value through advanced manufacturing.
The Engine Technician will be responsible for managing the progress of long term testing tasks, preparing test articles to be run, running tests, and analyzing and communicating the results of tests to the appropriate parties. He/she will also need to become familiar with a complex set of data acquisition systems including engine dynamometers, exhaust emissions analyzers, temperature acquisition systems and other precision sensors. All of the equipment will be used to characterize an engine’s performance (speed, power, torque, and emissions) with a great deal of accuracy which can be used to develop new product ideas or as confirmatory certification testing. The Technician will undergo a great deal of technical training to become knowledgeable and proficient with standard testing procedures and equipment used in the lab.
• Setup and running of the test article, preparation of the data acquisition systems and instrumentation being used, and reviewing and communicating of the data to the appropriate engineer(s).
• Monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting and tracking of long term test articles.
• Ensuring accuracy when data is collected and troubleshooting test systems.
• Carrying out maintenance tasks on all equipment throughout the lab.
• Maintaining an organized work environment (including the management of collected data).
• Learning new technologies as they become available.
• Mechanical knowledge and basic engine background (small engine certifications, etc.)
• Knowledge of handheld and power tools
• Project and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel)
• High School Diploma
• Associates Degree preferred
• Laboratory experience preferred
• Programming and/or CAD experience preferred
• Fabrication skills preferred
• Experience with testing of electrical motors preferred
Laboratory/Model Shop, modified second shift (10:00am start). Shift timing may vary depending on workload. Some overtime (including weekends) may be required, but kept to minimum.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. daily
• Ability to perform tests in extreme temperatures (-10°F to 110°F)
• Handling of fuels and high pressure gases
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.