At MTD Products, we do more than just design, manufacture, market, and sell outdoor power equipment. We are an industry leader driven by a greater purpose to inspire people to care for and enjoy the outdoors. As employees, we foster collaboration and teamwork, drive for results, champion change, and inspire and motivate others to high performance. We value stewardship, passion, respect, integrity, and gratitude. And, every day we build upon the strong corporate culture that makes MTD a great place to build a career.
Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD is a global company known for innovation and award-winning lawn mowers, snow blowers and other equipment for both residential and professional markets. Our family of brands includes Cub Cadet®, Troy-Bilt®, Robomow®, Rover®, and WOLF-Garten® – all backed by our strong network of MTD support focused on uncompromising quality, service and value through advanced manufacturing.
This Supplier Quality Engineering position will be responsible for ensuring the quality and conformity of purchased components, purchased assemblies, and purchased finished goods for both mechanical and electrified products at MTD. This will include involvement in the complete lifecycle of a supplier relationship from on-boarding through serviceability. This position will collaborate with several groups across the organization, including Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics, Product Management, and Post-Sales Support.
- Work directly with suppliers to ensure understanding, conformance and accountability to MTD requirements.
- Monitor supplier quality performance metrics and manage/coach suppliers placed in formal improvement program (SIP).
- Coordinate and lead Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) and Advanced Quality Planning (AQP) activities with suppliers as part of MTD’s New Product Development process, including Supplier Quality Assessments/Audits (SQA), Quality on-boarding and training, process qualification and production approval (PPAP).
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Quality to develop test plans and acceptance criteria for key purchased components and subsystems.
- Analyze data for plant nonconforming material issues and product warranty failures related to supplier material, and work with suppliers to identify and implement corrective actions.
- Assist Supplier Quality personnel at MTD Plants in support of production activities, such as developing receiving inspection plans, sampling plans, nonconformance management and corrective action for supplier-related issues.
- Work with MTD Plants and Purchasing to ensure suppliers are held accountable for any incurred costs resulting from supplier-related issues/nonconformances.
- Communicate and implement supplier quality initiatives as applicable.
- Participate in continuous improvement events at supplier plants/operations when applicable.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office 365 collaboration tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in leading organized problem-solving activities/events
- Self-driven and action-oriented with strong leadership characteristics
- Strong technical /functional skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience in Quality, Engineering, or Manufacturing
- 5 years of professional experience in a related technical field, preferably Quality Assurance
- Experienced in applying quality tools and techniques (SPC, Control Plans, FMEA, PPAP, Sampling Plans, and Corrective Actions)
- Electrification/battery or equivalent technology experience preferred
Licenses or Certification:
- Certification(s) or formal training in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing is preferred
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) or CQM (Certified Quality Manger) is preferred
- MTD Consumer Products Center in Cleveland, Ohio. Frequent North American travel is anticipated as well as less frequent international travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.