Minnetronix Medical is a preferred partner in the development, manufacturing, and commercialization of complex medical technologies. We are curious, persistent, and resilient. We bring ideas, identify gaps and provide a unique ability to see and deliver possibilities. We are one company, focused in several areas, and united by a singular purpose—deliver results for our customers to improve outcomes for clinicians and patients worldwide.
The Marketing Director is an important leader in the work of the Key Technology Segment in a fast- growing medical device company. This role is responsible for both upstream and downstream marketing. This individual will drive the identification and validation of new offerings, value propositions, goods, and services essential to growth. This leader will also develop and deploy clear messaging and marketing campaigns designed to drive market awareness, clearly position Minnetronix in the market, increase the volume of new inbound leads and grow our business.
This role participates on the Key Technology Segment business team as a strategic leader and the senior marketing subject matter expert. In addition, this role leads the daily development and execution of marketing campaigns to hit sales targets.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate on the Key Technology Segment Business Team as the head of upstream and downstream marketing.
- Upstream Marketing/New Opportunity Identification
- Clearly define and validate specific market and customer needs to facilitate development of new goods and services.
- Validate these strategic moves by defining opportunity size, completing competitive analyses, understand regulatory requirements and current business dynamics, and developing a strategy to pursue successful introduction of those new offerings. Generate and interpret competitive intelligence on traditional and non-traditional competitors.
- Downstream marketing.
- Increase our understanding of the market to improve sales targeting and marketing efficiency.
- Support identification of new growth opportunities and lead the development and deployment of marketing campaigns to drive lead generation and new business.
- Key attributes of the successful person in this role:
- Data oriented. Focus on message testing, detailed customer metrics and prospect metrics linked to sales, intense focus on feedback loops and rapid adaptation based on our ongoing learnings. Develop ROI metrics for outbound marketing over time.
- Martech expert. The director will need to be a modern-day AI driven marketing applications open new doors to approaching prospects, optimizing lead generation and creating a specific customer experience
- Student of human behavior. This role must be an expert in understanding customer needs and deriving insights from those needs. Additionally, this role must understand the psychology that that influences purchasing decisions. Our customers live in a complex decision-making environment that can span from tiny start-ups to very large, matrixed organizations. Understanding how different personality types respond to the messaging and how the personalities of decision-makers affect purchase decisions is important.
- Trustworthy and persuasive. This role will have the ability to positively influence the various stakeholders in the organization with thoughtful, consistent, well-informed perspectives.
- Strong written and verbal communicator. In both internal and external communications, it means knowing how much or how little to say, which communications channel will be the most effective and appropriate, and understanding the recipient and how the message will be received and understood.
- Team player. No silos. This role must work to build collaboration across the organization to unify the customer experience. In particular, the successful director must create a hand-in-glove relationship with the technical and sales teams.
- Adaptable multi-role team player & leader. This role must have hands-on experience with multiple communications channels and the ability to manage the various functional specialists with an understanding of the challenges and opportunities presented by each channel.
- Active listener. This candidate must be continuously listening to and interacting with customers and with those within Minnetronix Medical who engage with customers.
- Avid learner. We are building a business and looking for new ways to drive lead generation and engage prospects. In this environment, one cannot rely on what is already known but constantly be seeking new ideas, new approaches, and new insights.
- Clear prioritizer. The successful director will develop clear priorities and tackle the highest leverage opportunities first.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA with Marketing focus preferred.
- Technical background a positive.
- 5-10 years of Marketing, Strategic Planning, and/or Market Research experience.
- Experience working with complex solution portfolios.
- Business to business experience.
- Experience with strategic product planning and commercial execution.
- Developed leadership skills/experience, including the ability to map task interdependencies, prioritize such tasks, and develop, monitor and live within budgets as well as the demonstrated ability to forecast major milestones.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Office Environment
At Minnetronix Medical, cultural fit is as critical to us as the skills and capabilities new employees bring to our team. So, we hire for both attitude and aptitude.
Our cultural values are the pillars of our company and define how we promise to show up: Unity, Courage, Humility, and Drive. Our cultural beliefs are the key behaviors we have identified as the most critical to advance our culture, our team and our company:
- I reach across boundaries to pursue the best outcomes for patients, customers and the company.
- I am passionate about producing products that help people.
- I collaborate with others, internally and externally, to drive the best solutions across the full product life cycle: how it works, how it’s built, how it’s controlled.
- I value diversity of thought and perspectives.
- I consistently challenge my thinking to achieve our company’s Key Results.
- I demonstrate a positive “can do” attitude.
- I project confidence in the process of design/development.
- I embrace changes and challenges. I am creative and innovative in my approach.
- I challenge the status quo and continuously searches for the best solutions.
- I own problem resolution, especially when it’s hard.
- I am energized by challenges and the work to solve them.
- I take ownership/accountability in solving problems and delivering results.
- I have a proven track record of designing and transferring high-performing products to production.
- I seek new perspective from others to improve both thinking and doing.
- I lead and operate with humility; demonstrating strong emotional intelligence.
- I build trust in a variety of relationships.
- I successfully use both strong written and oral communication skills.
- I communicate effectively with audiences across all levels, both internally and externally.
Minnetronix, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.