At McKinstry, we’re proud to be a diverse and passionate group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We believe the world needs curious, forward-thinking, solutions-oriented people who want to make our planet better. We are committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals from all backgrounds, and we believe that promoting diversity, equity, and inclusivity is an integral component of our continuing quest To Build a Thriving Planet. If you are looking to leave a purposeful mark on the world, then McKinstry is the place for you.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Analyst to join our team as a member of our evolving Technology division. In this role, you’ll help implement, maintain, and support application systems to meet McKinstry’s organizational business needs allowing for scalability and growth. There are two key areas we’re looking to you to impact this role:
- Acquire and maintain deep system understanding - a holistic perspective on the system(s) being supported, including understanding of the business, software systems, underlying technology, and how it fits within the larger company infrastructure.
- Performs the daily and proactive maintenance and monitoring on assigned systems.
- Assist with troubleshooting, problem-solving and incident resolution.
- Responds to level 2 or higher tickets efficiently and keeps technology helpdesk and management updated on the problem resolution.
- Ensures that issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner and communicates recommended changes to management.
- Research and facts / data gathering necessary to inform and document functional specifications.
- Act as a liaison between Technology, Product Management and other McKinstry departments.
- Assist Software Engineers in developing systems according to users’ requirements.
- Follows Software Development Life Cycle for core system enhancements and interfaces with other systems.
- Provide development assistance as needed or assigned– generally related to data needs such as pulling data from a system for research or assisting with large data migrations as part of projects.
- Understands and applies applicable business processes.
- Recommend new technical policies and procedures.
- Continuous research into emerging technologies as they relate to assigned systems in order to solve complex technology issues.
- Looks for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency in both business operations and software solutions.
- Analyzes requested changes to both process and system and implements according to overarching system/business philosophy.
- Helps with the tactical and strategic implementation on all planning and policies.
What we’d like to see from you:
- Eight (8) years of experience in the information technology field required, with a minimum of Five (5) years in Application System Analysis.
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Above average knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL required; Knowledge of C#, SSIS, SSRS a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience in discovering and implementing new technology preferred.
- Knowledge of new and emerging technology and devices preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess current US Work Authorization, and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.