WHO WE ARE:
Marathon County in north central Wisconsin is a great place to live, work, visit and conduct business. Our county government is highly regarded and contributes to a high quality of life by:
- ensuring public safety;
- protecting natural resources;
- preparing for emergency and disaster responses;
- protecting vulnerable populations;
- creating and maintaining a high quality infrastructure for transportation;
- providing education and fostering economic development; and
- using process improvement techniques to improve public services.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming or polishing.
- Washes walls, windows and woodwork.
- Empties waste baskets.
- Dusts, polishes, arranges and moves furniture and equipment.
- Cleans restrooms and replenishes supplies.
- Cleans and polishes metal work.
- Locks doors at end of work shifts.
- Notifies supervisor in the event of unusual happenings.
- May assist with shoveling snow.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance; works extra hours as required.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of proper safety precautions to be taken when using equipment and chemicals.
- Ability to recognize equipment in need of maintenance or repair.
- Ability to contribute to a positive work culture that fosters excellent customer service and teamwork.
Starting hourly rate (A11): $11.92 No benefits are provided for this part time position.
Selection of the successful candidate may be made by assessment of experience and education, criminal record check, oral interview; review of references, written background inventory, and other appropriate job-related selection procedures. Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer physical and back exam paid for by Marathon County. All applicants will be notified as to the status of their application.
Marathon County will make arrangements to furnish appropriate auxiliary aids and services where necessary and reasonable to afford an individual with a disability the opportunity to participate in the recruitment process. Please notify the Employee Resources Department office or phone (715) 261-1451 to request special accommodations prior to the application deadline.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Wisconsin Statutes, Sections 19.36 (7), 64.09 (5), and 64.11 (7) require public employers to treat the following items as a public record: Each applicant’s application, records, recommendations and qualifications except as provided in Section 19.36 (7), Wis. Stats. that allows the identity of an applicant to remain confidential if the applicant requests in writing that the County not provide access to this information.
If you choose not to have this information become a public record, you must make such a request in writing to the Employee Resources Department. If you become a finalist for the position, your identity may be disclosed as required by law.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position will remain open until needs are met.