WHO WE ARE:
Marathon County in Northcentral Wisconsin is a great place to live, work, visit and conduct business. Our county government is highly regarded and contributes to a high quality of life by:
- ensuring public safety;
- protecting natural resources;
- preparing for emergency and disaster responses;
- protecting vulnerable populations;
- creating and maintaining a high quality infrastructure for transportation; and
- providing education and fostering economic development
The Northern Regional Center for Children & Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN), within the Marathon County Health Department, has a part-time opportunity to join our team. Community Specialists provide outreach and technical assistance to stakeholders in a multi-county area to support children with special health care needs/ disabilities access services and supports. Note, this position is not located within Marathon County.
This position is a unique opportunity to support our rural, northwestern counties with the expectation that staff live within the area.
- Specialist will be located with a community partner in Ashland or Hayward and/or their home. Travel will occur throughout Ashland, Bayfield, Iron, Price, and Sawyer counties. Some travel outside of the area to state and regional meetings may also occur.
- Hours will be approximately 15-20 hours per week and will vary based on need, with some set times to participate in community meetings and other times flexible. Occasional evenings and weekends during peak fall and spring times to support trainings and outreach events are needed.
Candidate with a Bachelor’s Degree in a health or human services field is desired, OR an Associate Degree in a health or human services field and/or equivalent training and education related to family dynamics, children with disabilities, or special education.
Personal experience with families with children with disabilities or special health care needs highly preferred.
Necessary special qualifications: A driver's license and a driving record that meets County standards is required or the ability to obtain reliable transportation is required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Provide accurate and current information on an array of programs and services to families and other stakeholders through multiple communication methods (phone, email, meetings, and outreach events).
- Regularly attend local and regional meetings to represent and promote the CYSHCN program.
- Identify and further efforts in developing a coordinated system of programs and services within the service area.
- Identify new resources and follow up on sharing them to interested parties in multiple formats.
- Inform program team members of new resources and opportunities regularly.
- Assist the CYSHCN Regional Program Manager to provide training as needed.
- Provide meeting and training support including taking registrations, arranging for food and supplies, and assisting with set-up.
- Attend statewide meetings to share and learn new information and align practices with peers.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion of private health information.
- Enter data into statewide information management system including tracking contacts.
- Develop and expand job-related skills and knowledge by attending trainings and reviewing information related to work practices.
- Perform related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of resources and services for families with children with special health care needs/disabilities.
- Ability to identify service gaps and opportunities, and convey to community partners and supervisor.
- Ability to develop community partnerships and link partners to strengthen a coordinated delivery system.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with parents, community partners, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone, tailoring information for diverse customers.
- Skill in accurate data entry and be able to analyze data to identify service gaps.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate on multiple teams across the region and state.
- Contributes to a positive work culture that fosters excellent customer service and teamwork.
$20.00-$26.00 per hour, depending on qualifications. No employee benefits are provided for this casual, part-time position.
Selection of the successful candidate may be made by assessment of experience and education, criminal record check, oral interview; review of references, and other appropriate job-related selection procedures. All applicants will be notified as to the status of their application.
Marathon County will make arrangements to furnish appropriate auxiliary aids and services where necessary and reasonable to afford an individual with a disability the opportunity to participate in the recruitment process. Please notify the Employee Resources Department or phone (715) 261-1451 to request special accommodations prior to the application deadline.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Wisconsin Statutes, Sections 19.36 (7), 64.09 (5), and 64.11 (7) require public employers to treat the following items as a public record: Each applicant’s application, records, recommendations and qualifications except as provided in Section 19.36 (7), Wis. Stats. that allows the identity of an applicant to remain confidential if the applicant requests in writing that the County not provide access to this information. If you choose not to have this information become a public record, you must make such a request in writing to the Employee Resources Department. If you become a finalist for the position, your identity may be disclosed as required by law.
Application Deadline: Until department needs are filled.