About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being of our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
- Deliver case management services to individuals age 60 years and over and their caregivers, in person, by telephone, and/or virtually
- Conduct client intakes and assessments and monthly follow-ups for eligible individuals
- Perform client data entry and service reports in State information management system
- Initiate and coordinate client services through service providers
- Create and document client care plans
- Establish good and regular communication with contracted service providers
- Conduct general office duties such as answering the phone, printing and scanning
- Travel as needed within the 12-county service area to conduct client assessments
- Participate in trainings, conferences, workshops, health fairs and other outreach and networking activities
- Provide information on community resources and referrals for older individuals and/or caregivers living in the 12-county service area
- This position is located in Richmond, TX
- Case management experience
- A passion for working with older individuals and their families
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Ability to use multiple remote presentation platforms, including Zoom and Microsoft TeamsExcellent written, communication and time management skills
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree with an internship in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
- Less than 1 year of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, human service or in job related duties
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.