**HIRING SUBJECT TO BUSINESS DEMANDS**
Perform a variety of physical concrete structures and flat work finisher tasks for heavy civil construction projects. This position requires a willingness to work in a field (job-site) environment with exposure to rain, dust, mud, heat, sun, cold, noise, and other conditions common to a construction site. Show a willingness to work as a member of a team in providing quality products and customer service, and work safety at all times.
• Set forms; pour, smooth and finish concrete sidewalks, roads, curbs, etc. using hand/ powered floats, hand/ powered trowels and other equipment
• Bolt, nail, align and block under forms
• Level earth to fine grade specifications using pick and shovel.
• Spray materials such as paint to coat or seal surfaces.
• Keep construction site clean and free of debris
• Conduct traffic control as needed.
• Occasionally drive a truck to pick up tools and equipment or on job site.
• Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
Skills and Abilities:
• Lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
• Stand and walk on job sites, roadways.
• Crouch and stoop while shoveling, placing and finishing concrete.
• Perform a variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools.
• Able to lay out string line and set form lumber to grade.
• Able to carry and set form lumber and drive wood or iron stakes.
• Good communication skills to work effectively with co-workers and supervisors.
• Drive a truck on job site or to pick up tools/equipment for the job.
• Communicate effectively in English.
• Experience finishing concrete on heavy civil construction projects.
• All applicants must have a valid CA driver’s license (or ability to obtain one prior to employment) and a clean driving record.
• Ability to work at job sites located at various geographic locations.
• This position is covered under the Construction Master Agreement with the Cement Masons and is subject to Job Placement Regulations.