**HIRING SUBJECT TO BUSINESS DEMANDS**
Operate a variety of construction heavy equipment used for paving, grading, underground utilities, and concrete structures work. This position requires a willingness to work in a field (job-site) environment with exposure to rain, dust, mud, heat, sun, cold, noise, and other conditions common to a construction site. Work cooperatively as a member of the team in providing quality products and customer service. Work safety at all times.
• Operate heavy equipment such as (but not limited to) excavator, backhoe, motor grader, loader, scraper, dozer, or roller.
• Grade Setters perform GPS grade layout and stake setting/checking.
• Work safely at all times and follow proper safety and incident reporting procedures
• Operate equipment safely and efficiently to correct grade elevation and meet production goals.
• Walk job site, check ground conditions.
• Inspect equipment prior to and after each work day.
• Judge safety proximity to all traffic/equipment in the area.
Skills and Abilities:
• Operate equipment using foot, hand, eye coordination
• Able to climb on/off heavy equipment
• Ability to sit in/on equipment for long periods of time; twisting in seat to view jobsite conditions
• Good communication skills to work effectively with co-workers and supervisors.
• Ability to read plans; use metric and engineer scales; understand and use Caltrans survey method
• Use GPS systems for grade setting
• Drive a company pick-up truck on job site or to get tools/equipment for the job.
• Minimum of 3 years heavy equipment operator experience (or current Apprentice).
• All applicants must have a valid CA driver’s license (or ability to obtain one prior to employment) and a clean driving record.
• Ability to work at job sites located at various geographic locations.
• This position is covered under the Construction Master Agreement with the Operating Engineers Local 3 and is subject to Job Placement Regulations.