**HIRING SUBJECT TO BUSINESS DEMANDS**
Construct forms and scaffolding for walls and bridge projects, pour concrete as needed. This position requires a willingness to work in a field (job-site) environment with exposure to rain, dust, mud, heat, sun, cold, noise, and other conditions common to a construction site. Show a willingness to work as a member of a team in providing quality products and customer service, and work safety at all times.
• Operate hand and power tools to shape or cut materials to specified measurements.
• Work with crane operator to safely set forms.
• Bolt, nail, align and block under forms.
• Read blueprint specifications/plans to prepare layout and determine dimensions/materials needed.
• Lay out string line and set form lumber to grade.
• Work safely at all times and follow proper safety and incident reporting procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
• Lift and carry heavy tools and materials up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
• Stand, walk, crouch, and stoop while performing work.
• Good Hand and eye dexterity to use hand and power tools.
• Calculate volume and measurements for cutting material.
• Assist in placing and finishing concrete.
• Communicate effectively in English.
• Carpenter experience in heavy civil construction work.
• All applicants must have a valid CA driver’s license (or ability to obtain one prior to employment) and a clean driving record.
• Ability to work at job sites located at various geographic locations.
• This position is covered under the Construction Master Agreement with the Carpenters Union and is subject to Job Placement Regulations.