**HIRING SUBJECT TO BUSINESS DEMANDS**
Perform a variety of physical general laborer tasks in completing paving, grading, underground utilities, and concrete structures and flat work. This position requires a willingness to work in a field (job-site) environment with exposure to rain, dust, mud, heat, sun, cold, noise, and other conditions common to a construction site. Show a willingness to work as a member of a team in providing quality products and customer service, and work safety at all times.
• Rake and shovel asphalt to smooth material, fill holes, and to clean out the paver at the end of the day.
• Operate hand and power tools for raking, jackhammering, and when performing other mechanical work.
• Bolt, nail, align and block under forms, and in assembling “skis” alongside the paver.
• Level earth to fine grade specifications using pick and shovel.
• Spray materials such as paint to coat or seal surfaces.
• Keep construction site clean and free of debris
• Conduct traffic control as needed.
• Occasionally drive a truck to pick up tools and equipment or on job site.
• Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
Skills and Abilities:
• Lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance (sacks of sand, paving fabric and other materials).
• Stand and walk alongside paver, on job sites, roadways, while raking, finishing concrete, and while conducting traffic control.
• Climb on/off paver and other equipment to clean hopper, check fluids, in/out of manholes.
• Crouch and stoop while shoveling, placing and finishing concrete, placing orange cones, pulling buckets of debris out of manholes, checking slope of asphalt, spraying paint on road.
• Perform a variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools
• Drive a truck on job site or to run errands for the job.
• Communicate effectively in English.
• Experience in heavy civil construction work
• All applicants must have a valid CA driver’s license (or ability to obtain one prior to employment) and a clean driving record.
• Ability to work at job sites located at various geographic locations.
• This position is covered under the Construction Master Agreement with the Laborers and is subject to Job Placement Regulations.