At EMJ, we are more than just General Contractors. We are People Serving People. In business for more than 50 years and a recognized leader in the construction industry, we strive to provide unique value and an unmatched client experience by living our values of selfless, trustworthy, and gritty.
We are currently looking for a Preconstruction Manager with significant experience in the healthcare market. This person has the option to office in Dallas, Chattanooga, or Charlotte.
What You Will Be Doing in This Role:
- Prior to construction document release, prepares accurate and complete budgets based on limited and conceptual information from the project team
- Actively works with the design consultants to provide strategy development & value discovery while maintaining the owner’s vision
- Manages and participates in the site investigation, due diligence and information gathering efforts
- Performs and coordinates project team design document review, permitting process, and entitlement management
- Coordinates the efforts of the Project Manager and Superintendents to ensure that the master project schedule is complete including design, entitlement, and permitting durations; that the project logistics staging and communication plan is complete; and that the project quality management plan is complete
- Updates budgets to ensure that all designs are in line with the scope, schedule, and budget expectation
- Bid solicitation with local sub-contractors, suppliers, and trade groups in order to finalize pricing with owner
- Analyzes proposed building systems for their appropriateness to the prescribed use and looks for a “better way” in order to provide value to the client
- Produces, collects, and distributes preconstruction RFI’s
What You Will Need For This Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related area
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction management or general contracting
- Must have preconstruction or project management experience working for a commercial general contractor for healthcare projects
- Computer skills using MS Office, Procore, On-Screen Take-Off, and FTP
- Specialized skills and expertise in areas such as: LEED, Building Codes, Plans and Specifications, Entitlements, Due Diligence, Coordinator of Design Team Disciplines
- Working knowledge of building systems, site work, engineering principles and construction costs
- Up to 10% travel required
EMJ rewards its employees with competitive pay and benefits, an outstanding work/life balance, a first class office environment, and a position that recognizes and rewards entrepreneurial spirit. Think you have what it takes to join our team?
To learn more about EMJ’s rich history and our mission of being People Serving People, visit us at www.emjcorp.com.
AA/EOE. E-Verify employer
EMJ is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.