At EMJ, we are more than just General Contractors. We are People Serving People. In business for more than 50 years and a recognized leader in the construction industry, we strive to provide unique value and an unmatched client experience by living our values of selfless, trustworthy, and gritty.
Our Dallas office is looking for a Director of Business Development to lead client pursuits and backlog development. Ideal candidate will have experience and contacts within the multi-family project sector.
The Director of Business Development is directly responsible for client acquisition & backlog development. The Director of Business Development focuses on alignment with business unit, backlog procurement, current and future profitability.
What You Will Be Doing in This Role:
- Identify, qualify, and develop relationships with targeted clients
- Develop and nurture a network of influencers and lead sources within respective markets of focus (architects, engineers, brokers, bankers, geotech, key subs, owners)
- Create brand awareness through involvement in key trade organizations that impact goals
- Lead and coach project team in win strategy execution to include early pre-selling, development of proposals and presentations
- Develop high probability and specific win strategies for key clients with 12-18 month look ahead (create differentiating messaging)
- Build lasting relationships with internal team members, clients, prospects and key influencers (architects, engineers, etc.) by developing trust, confidence, and by acting with the highest level of ethics and integrity
- Create buy-in on “Go” decisions and energize Client Experience project team in aggressive pursuig
- Follow through until project is under contract and work with team to develop account maintenance strategy (from project to program)
What You Will Need For This Role:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree minimum
- 8+ years of sales experience; at least 3 years in construction or similar industry, such as architecture/engineering/geotech/testing, corporate furniture, etc.
- Excellent presentation development and delivery capabilities
- Must be willing to travel
EMJ rewards its employees with competitive pay and benefits, an outstanding work/life balance, a first class office environment, and a position that recognizes and rewards entrepreneurial spirit. Think you have what it takes to join our team?
To learn more about EMJ’s rich history and our mission of being People Serving People, visit us at www.emjcorp.com.
EOE. E-Verify employer.
EMJ is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.